Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have looked for those type of measuring spoons since my plastic ones died. Lucky girl, GG!

and yeah, I really like that wide mouth funnel.

I love those rectangular measuring spoons! Not just the shape, but that there are 1/8, 3/4, and 1½ tsp sizes in them, as well, makes them very useful.

Years ago I made two funnels to fill small jars up with. I simply took the funnels and cut the lower parts off, to fit different sized jars. I just used a fine toothed saw, then smoothed them off on a sanding belt. I have many other funnels, including the wide mouthed for canning, but I probably use these the most, with all those spices!

Homemade widemouth funnels by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I was tired of spilling herbs and spices when I spooned them out of my Penzeys jars, so I bought these rectangular measuring spoons. I really like them - good quality and there are lots of sizes.

I also got this funnel to use primarily for pouring Penzeys spices from a refill bag into the jars. I have other funnels, but two are meant for liquids and the opening isn't large enough, and one is silicone - the herbs and spices stick to the sides and the opening is also too small. Happy so far! [emoji16] View attachment 43821

That looks like good ideas. I could really use those. Where did you get them? What's the one with no bowl for?

I got them through Amazon.

The one with no bowl? It's a funnel that fits inside my spice jars and is wider than the ones I already have, so it works better for pouring spices from a refill bag into the jars.

I got them through Amazon.

The one with no bowl? It's a funnel that fits inside my spice jars and is wider than the ones I already have, so it works better for pouring spices from a refill bag into the jars.

I meant the stick attached to the ring with the measuring spoons.

I got this a bit back from King Arthur Flour, oh no it's Baking Company now ... anywhos, I washed it, dried it and put it away, AND FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT!

Don't know why, but it popped into my head last night that I had finally bought myself a tube pan and wouldn't Chef John's Apple Pecan Coffee Cake be wonderful made in it?

IMG_6534.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg

The cake is cooling now, and we'll slice into it later, once it cools down a bit... :yum:

Yup, exactly. I took it off because I didn't see how I could use it effectively when it was attached to the ring.

The first thing I do with a new set of measuring spoons or cups is to remove and discard the ring that holds them together. I never saw the sense of having it there.

The first thing I do with a new set of measuring spoons or cups is to remove and discard the ring that holds them together. I never saw the sense of having it there.
I keep mine in a drawer with a bunch of other stuff and it's easier to pull them out all at once than to hunt through the stuff for the ones I need.

I keep mine in a drawer with a bunch of other stuff and it's easier to pull them out all at once than to hunt through the stuff for the ones I need.

But if you get one spoon dirty, you have to wash the whole set. If it’s on the DW and you need another spoon you’re out of luck.

I have a separate tray in my silverware drawer with 3 or 4 sets or parts of sets.

I like the clip holding the set together. I unhook them when using and just wash what's dirty. I have several sets of spoons and cups. One set of spoons are the long rectangle ones I don't use them very often. All my sets of spoons have the pinch, dash and smidgen spoons. One set has the leveler.

Last edited:
But if you get one spoon dirty, you have to wash the whole set. If it’s on the DW and you need another spoon you’re out of luck.

I have a separate tray in my silverware drawer with 3 or 4 sets or parts of sets.

If I only need one, I have some old ones that aren't on a ring, or sometimes I use a regular spoon to guesstimate. And I have a total of three sets (not counting the one I'm going to put on a free Facebook marketplace). It's worked out for me.

Those are nice. My measuring spoon set has elongated oval bowls on the spoons. They fit into all but my narrowest necked jars.

Like Andy, I like mine separated. I repurposed an old and small creamer to store them in and keep it in the same cupboard as my measuring cups.

I just got these from Amazon.

Pull apart SS scissors (I wanted these for cutting poultry) so I know they are clean and safe.

scissors-1-jpg.39190

scissor-2-jpg.39191

Set of 2 because I have no Idea where my old ones went (I had 7 in assorted sizes)

farberware-loaf-pan-jpg.39192

I have been wanting these for a long time. Now I can try Crème Brulé, Lava Cake and small Pop overs/Yorkshire Puddings.

ramekins-jpg.39194

And Christmas cookie season is almost upon us. I want to make gingerbread cookies and sugar cookies. My cookie cutters must be visiting my loaf pans!!

cookie-cutters.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom