Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
zakaria, have never ordered from them, but looks like neat stuff.

Only I believe their area code is in the UK? You had best check shipping details before ordering.

GinnyPNW

Head Chef
Today's treat is a homemade Italian Cream Soda...and it is yummy!!! Lemon-lime. I used less syrup than called for, but I think I'll try even less next time. Still...very good!

Attachments

• IMG_6702.jpg
    IMG_6702.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 3

GinnyPNW

Head Chef
Today's drink is a Sparkling Shirley Temple. Clearly not a drink made with 7-up, but that's a good thing in my book! Just 2 slices of lemon, 3 slices of lime, a tablespoon of grenadine and some maraschino cherries....add water and wave the magic wand...

Attachments

• IMG_6705.jpg
    IMG_6705.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 2

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I used to love getting a Shirley Temple cocktail. When my parents went out to a resto, they would often order dry martinis. On those occasions, I got a Shirley Temple cocktail. It was great fun to get a cocktail that looked like something the grownups would get, when I was a little kid. Back then, they were always served in an "old fashioned" glass with at least one maraschino cherry. There was also usually a half or whole slice of orange, either on the stick holding the cherries, or hanging on the edge of the glass.

GinnyPNW

Head Chef
Today's taste treat is an Orange/Vanilla combo. Inspired by the good ol' 50/50 bar. It is very tasty! I used a zero cal "bubly drops" plus some Torino vanilla. So color, so no pictures...but I'll make this one again and again! Yum!

GinnyPNW

Head Chef
You are having so much fun with that thing, @GinnyPNW! I wonder if Himself would actually use one. I would surprise him with one as a Christmas gift, but I am afraid that I would be wasting my money.
I takes 90 seconds for the machine to do its thing. If you get complicated, I suppose one could spend another minute "making" the drink. You can put bubbles into just about any drink...but you cannot use oils. You can make your own wine spritzers too...and Arnold Palmers with bubbles.

They are on sale right now. 99 bucks. But, that's not a good deal, if it just sits on a shelf???

GinnyPNW

Head Chef
Today's soda treat is a Cherry Cola. Just carbonated water and then I added some of the SodaStream Cherry Cola mix. I used about 1/2 the recommended amount and it is perfect. I told DH, that is tastes more like a fountain drink as opposed to a can or bottle soda. The bubbles are finer. For those Champagne afficionados, no Toad's Eyes!

graphics-soda-311202.gif

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
CG, I had one which I loved. My brother still loves his. But... if you have acid reflux - do not go overboard with the fuzzies. It is worth it if you are diabetic and would still like your "soft drinks" . This, as Ginny is showing you, very versatile. Unfortunately I got carried away and just made my acid reflux worse LOL, typical of me. I sold it.

Top Bottom