Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love my Danish whisk!

Use it for thick batters all the time. Yes, Andy, I also agree that there are many times I use the mixer too - but not always.

Love my Danish whisk!

Use it for thick batters all the time. Yes, Andy, I also agree that there are many times I use the mixer too - but not always.

Just to clarify, there is a difference between a batter and a dough. Batters, thick, normal or thin can be handled by a whisk or the Danish whisk.

Dough; such as breads, cookies and pie crusts; cannot be done with a whisk.

Just to clarify, there is a difference between a batter and a dough. Batters, thick, normal or thin can be handled by a whisk or the Danish whisk.

Dough; such as breads, cookies and pie crusts; cannot be done with a whisk.
+1 Andy.

+2

but also just to clarify - a Danish Whisk is not your normal "whisk".

It really is more of a 'beater'.

Those wires will not bend.

I do like my whisk for batter breads; I haven't tried it on something stiffer like scones, though. I should give it a try!

Local library book sale was back on this year - yay! For a buck a book, hardbound, I can indulge and not spend much. If I find I'm not thrilled with what I get, I can always donate them to the library for the next sale!

This year's picks:

IMG_20210924_180453576.jpg

Big Shallow Pasta/Salad Bowls!

I've been looking for large, shallow bowls for salads or pasta for ages. I found these on Amazon. They are 9.5 inches wide and 2 inches tall. Of course, once I got them, I had to then use them! I made an eggplant/beef Bolognese sauce. It's good but was even better in my new bowls!

Microwave, oven, dishwasher and freezer friendly in packs of four for under @25 dollars. The shapes are slightly imperfect as is the glaze, but I love how they look. Not too new. Not too old. Not too fancy. Not too plain. And they nest well for storing.

Attachments

• eggplant pasta sauce 2.jpg
    eggplant pasta sauce 2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 40
  • eggplant pasta sauce.jpg
    eggplant pasta sauce.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 38
My microwave hasn't worked for years. My oven quit a few months ago although the stovetop worked well enough. I live on SS so I mostly squeak along but I also breed some expensive tropical fish that only have a market for a few fish nuts. I sold enough fish to pay for new appliances. So far the stove top oven is my favorite thing. I've roasted a chicken in it and made brownies in it. They both came out perfect. My old toaster oven burned everything except toast.

The new stove has 5 burners. The middle burner puts out 8,000 BTU's which is a big help for Asian diches. As much as I love to scrimp and save, I'm so glad that I splurged on things that are really necessary.

Attachments

• DSC_0764.JPG
    DSC_0764.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0763.JPG
    DSC_0763.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 40
My microwave hasn't worked for years. My oven quit a few months ago although the stovetop worked well enough. I live on SS so I mostly squeak along but I also breed some expensive tropical fish that only have a market for a few fish nuts. I sold enough fish to pay for new appliances. So far the stove top oven is my favorite thing. I've roasted a chicken in it and made brownies in it. They both came out perfect. My old toaster oven burned everything except toast.

The new stove has 5 burners. The middle burner puts out 8,000 BTU's which is a big help for Asian diches. As much as I love to scrimp and save, I'm so glad that I splurged on things that are really necessary.
Congrats! It's always great to have good tools.

Congrats & they look pretty too! Enjoy!!

Wow, Liz, that was great that you figured out how to come up with the money for those nifty, useful appliances. Congrats.

Looks great, Liz! I'm sure you'll get a lot of pleasure out of them.

I'm curious - what kind of fish do you raise? I used to raise fish, as a kid - kept me out of trouble, sort of - and some, later on, but just enough to trade for aquarium items, and more fish food. Haven't had any to sell for a long time - just to look at.

Thanks for the congrats, folks.

Dave, I have a big fish room. My first love is breeding Discus. There is nothing more beatuiful to me than seeing a top quality pair with fry on feeding on their slime coat. I also breed Pitch Black Rams that are in great demand and bring a high price. Since I love my local pet store I also breed Albino Bristle Nose Plecos, some long finned, and Mystery Snails. Oh, I breed fresh water shrimp for them, too. Reds, blues, and yellows. The pet store sells them almost faster than I can breed them!

Liz, That is a great setup you must have for breeding all those things! I had a feeling discus might be one of the fish you were breeding, since they have gotten very expensive, plus there are so many varieties. I had a pair of them when I was 14 or 15, and got them to breed a couple of times, but back then it was harder to get the water to their liking, at least for me. African cichlids, which were fairly new back then, were my main breeders, and it was hard to mess the water up for them!

Glad to hear you have that great hobby, and that store there that makes it profitable for you.

Back
Top Bottom