Kitchenaid Accolade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
Does anyone own an Accolade? I think they were d/c in the US in 2006/2007 but are still sold in Canada. They are 400w, 5qt. Our local resto supply store has them on for $270.00 CDN $ !!! I am buying one - but I'd like to know what others think of the appliance?

When Cook’s Illustrated tested an Accolade 400 in 2005 they found its performance about the same as the Artisan, but they preferred the Artisan. If the two mixers were the same price, the Artisan would probably be the way to go. If the Accolade is a lot less than an Artisan, it is probably a pretty good deal.

The Accolade’s motor head is based on the Professional 600, and I consider that a good thing from the standpoint of fairly simple repair compared to an Artisan, but I have not been able to determine if all the motor and gear parts are shared. I doubt if KA would make it an orphan with parts that are totally unavailable.

Posters on the referenced thread make an interesting point about this model being a great option if clearance under cabinets is an issue.

Thanks! :) I haven't had the pleasure of trying it out yet, I am redoing our bathroom on my own (it is gutted right now) and we haven't had water for a few days. I should be able to start using it by new years eve, JUST in time!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom