Lasagne Night February 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
As per the other thread and Corazon's suggestion, here it is folks... Lasagna night!!

My recipe is simple, I make my meat sauce with ground beef, garlic and onions, then I toss in some Italian type herbs (basil, oregano and sometimes a bay leaf just for fun), put in a can of crushed tomatoes and a handful of brown sugar. I let that simmer while I put the other stuff together.

Bottom layer is a heavy smear of tomato sauce (leave as much meat out as possible) then a layer of uncooked lasagne noodles, then a layer of meat sauce and a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese with a heavy dose of parmesan on top. I repeat this until I run out of noodles or sauce. LOL. Then I top with extra cheese and cover with foil. Bake in the oven at 350 for one hour and uncover and bake an extra 10 minutes to brown up the cheese.

Thanks Alix!:)

I will be going for a Spinach, Mushroom, Chicken, Hot Italian Sausage and Four Cheese Lasagna. This is a new recipe I found from Food Network
but I'll be adding the Chicken and Sausage in addition to the original recipe. It has a white sauce, which I've never had in lasagna before. Should be good though.:chef:

I'm going to serve this with a big salad and for an appetizer I'll be making homemade mozzerella sticks for the first time. Think I'll just dip them in egg wash, then flour, then again in egg, then panko. I think I'll throw some herbs and parm cheese in the panko too. Anything else I need to know about mozz sticks?

Seafood Lasagna, Anyone?

Seafood Lasagna

1 green onion, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 Cup chicken broth
8 ounces clam juice
1 Pound bay scallops
1 Pound small raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
8 ounces imitation crab meat, chopped
1/4 Teaspoon white pepper, divided
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Flour
1 1/2 cups Milk
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup heavy cream
1/2 Cup shredded parmesan, divided
9 lasagna noodles, cooked & drained

Instructions: In a large skillet, saute onion in oil & 2 TBSP butter until tender. Stir in broth & clam juice; bring to a boil. Add scallops, shrimp, crab & 1/8 tsp white pepper; return to boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink & scallops are opaque, stirring gently.. Drain, reserving cooking liquid; set seafood mixture aside.

In a saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter; stir in flour until smooth. Combine milk & reserved cooking liquid; gradually add to saucepan. Add salt & remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook & stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cream & 1/4 cup Parmesan. Stir 3/4 cup white sauce into seafood mixture.

Spread 1/2 cup white sauce in a greased 13"X9" baking dish. Top with 3 noodles. Spread with 1/2 the seafood mixture & 1 1/4 cups sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce, & Parmesan.

Bake uncovered at 350º for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.

Or Maybe a Nice German Lasagna?

German Lasagna

3/4 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Flour
1 Tablespoon beef bouillon granules
2 teaspoons onion salt
2 teaspoons pepper, divided
1/2 Teaspoon white pepper
2 1/4 cups Milk
1 14.5-oz cans chicken broth
1 Pound kielbasa, chopped
2 Eggs
12 ounces cottage cheese (1 1/2 cups)
9 lasagna noodles, cooked & drained
16 ounces saurkraut, rinsed & squeezed dry
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, divided (8 oz)

Instructions: In saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, bouillon, onion salt, 1 tsp pepper & white pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk & broth. Bring to a boil; cook & stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add kielbasa & heat through.

Combine cottage cheese, eggs, & remaining 1 tsp pepper.

Spread 1 cup sausage mixture in a greased 9"X13" baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles, 1/3 of the sausage mixture, 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 of the saurkraut, & 3/4 cup Monterey Jack. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles & sausage mixture.

Cover and bake at 350º for 5-60 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.

Corinne, that's a new one to me and it sounds great! I love sausage and sauerkraut!! Can't wait to try it out!! Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom