Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neatest thing happened on our last flight back from PA last night. A lady across the aisle from me was knitting the most beautiful purple scarf. It had sequins embedded in the yarn. I told her I thought it was gorgeous. Guess what? She gave it to me! She's a missionary working in Africa, and showed me pics of "her" kids!

neatest thing happened on our last flight back from pa last night. A lady across the aisle from me was knitting the most beautiful purple scarf. It had sequins embedded in the yarn. I told her i thought it was gorgeous. Guess what? She gave it to me! She's a missionary working in africa, and showed me pics of "her" kids!

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1488925333.577792.jpg

Beagle is modeling it. Don't mind the dog hair.

Last edited:
Heh. She has her blanket, and likes to shed on it. Or maybe it's DH's, he's kind of gray. Beagle would be a Mexican hairless if she didn't have hair!

Beagle looks pretty in purple, dawg.

Two friends of mine each posted the same video on Facebook. I rarely watch the videos people smack up there because I basically skim Facebook, stalking my progeny and looking for photos and artwork my son and friends share daily. However, I'm glad I watched this one. Pretty thought-provoking and heart-warming. I hope you enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD8tjhVO1Tc

Beagle looks pretty in purple, dawg.

Two friends of mine each posted the same video on Facebook. I rarely watch the videos people smack up there because I basically skim Facebook, stalking my progeny and looking for photos and artwork my son and friends share daily. However, I'm glad I watched this one. Pretty thought-provoking and heart-warming. I hope you enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD8tjhVO1Tc
Nice, CG. Made me smile, too [emoji2]

I saw that video a week or so ago, but it made me smile again. And there is something in that video that made me smile extra: the Danish term for stepparents: bonus parents.

8-year old drives to McD's for a burger

Oh my gosh, Himself and I chuckled our way through this story:

Ohio boy, 8, craving McDonald's burger, takes parents' van to drive-thru

"Witnesses tell police the boy stopped at red lights, obeyed the speed limit and waited for traffic to pass before making a left turn into the McDonald's..."

The child should give driving lessons to the people in the towns around us. They roll through STOPtion signs, speed (and tail-gate), and cut you off to make left turns. Every trip out is an adventure!

Oh my gosh, Himself and I chuckled our way through this story:

Ohio boy, 8, craving McDonald's burger, takes parents' van to drive-thru

"Witnesses tell police the boy stopped at red lights, obeyed the speed limit and waited for traffic to pass before making a left turn into the McDonald's..."

The child should give driving lessons to the people in the towns around us. They roll through STOPtion signs, speed (and tail-gate), and cut you off to make left turns. Every trip out is an adventure!

CG, when I have to make a run to the store on my scooter, I have one street to cross that is pretty busy. I get just my front wheel off the curb so the drivers can see I want to cross. I try to keep in mind, that even though I have the right of way, I will often just wave the cars to continue after they stop for the sign. This morning I even had a driver lower her window so she could thank me. That was a first. But for those that don't stop for that sign and just run it, I try to get a quick glance of the make of the car and at least three numbers or letters on their plate. For someone who just runs that sign without any indication of even putting their foot on the brake, I have reported them to the registry. They send me the paper work, I fill it out and send it back. So about three or four weeks later, after I forgotten all about a report I made, a car came to a complete stop, rolled down the window and the driver started to scream at me. It seems he got a very high fine on two counts. One for failure to stop at a STOP sign and the second for failure to give way for a handicap. I responded with "thank you for letting me know the final result of my complaint. I then wave him through after I got back on the sidewalk. No way was I going to chance of going in front of him with his bad attitude of anger showing. I carry a small pad of paper and pen for just such offenders. As a rule though, unless it is a really bad driver at that stop sign, if they have kids in the car, I don't report it. Two moving violations can really do damage to their insurance rate. BTW, men are the worst offenders. This street has a stop sign at every corner.

:ROFLMAO: Just as I was reading here about that little boy and his sister, guess what popped up on the local news?

When I was in the living room earlier to tell Himself that, guess what popped up on OUR TV news, Dawg? :LOL: This story is getting more mileage than that kid drove!

...For someone who just runs that sign without any indication of even putting their foot on the brake, I have reported them to the registry. They send me the paper work, I fill it out and send it back...
I call BS, Addie. The Registry does not have the authority to issue traffic citations, just local and state police.

Not that he's an expert, but Himself said he would think that if you did call the Registry they would refer you to your own local police. It would then be up to the police department as to whether or not they wanted to station a patrol to catch people who run stop signs. I suppose I could verify this with Chief Steve the next time I'm at the town hall...except I'll have forgotten by then. Whatevah.

Back
Top Bottom