Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys! Ross, I love talent, too. After his Christmas visit during sophomore year of college, I mentioned to Goober that he should switch his major from physics to photography. He pooh-poohed it and said that taking pictures was just a hobby. If only he had listened...

It was out birthdays last week so we treated ourselves to a fancy restaurant. The food was awesome but I don't understand why the more expensive a place is the smaller the portion. FB_IMG_1621210904522.jpgFB_IMG_1621210701686.jpgFB_IMG_1621211046421.jpg

Love "my" birdies!

Since I spend way too much time standing at the kitchen sink and counter area, I have a large spread of bird feeders outside the window. From there I can watch all kinds of birds - and the ever-present furry squirrels that love hanging from the feeders. :rolleyes: While prepping ingredients for tonight's dinner, I had a male American Goldfinch fly up to the window, probably less than six inches from the glass! It wasn't like he didn't register "danger" and flew quickly. Instead, he moved slowly and carefully, and then hovered in place and just looked at...me? Or his reflection? I like to think that it was his way to thank me for the daily buffet I set out for him and his feather friends. Either way, it was pretty neat!

You that know me know that I like to gift people with food. When new neighbors move into the neighborhood, I usually go to their house to introduce myself bearing a food gift. Mostly a baked good, sometimes a meal. Depends on my time and energy level.

Fast forward to now. As I'm running my garage sale, the neighbor guy catty-corner from our house wanders in to look. About five minutes later his "boss" (his word, not mine :LOL: ) come in behind him. While this couple is looking around, we're all chatting about neighborly things. Steve suddenly mentions me showing up at their door a few days after they had moved in, gift of scones in hand. SCONES from nine years ago, and he still remembers! He said that I was the only neighbor who made a point of going over to introduce myself, no less bring a token of welcome. I'm surprised he didn't remember what flavor(s)! :LOL:

Little gestures of kindness stick with people for a long time. Just like Josie1945's signature says, "Practice Random Acts of Kindness ( RAK ) Makes you feel great too".

When I finally get time to bake scones, I'm pretty sure I'll be taking a couple of them over to Steve and Joy's...

You that know me know that I like to gift people with food. When new neighbors move into the neighborhood, I usually go to their house to introduce myself bearing a food gift. Mostly a baked good, sometimes a meal. Depends on my time and energy level.

Fast forward to now. As I'm running my garage sale, the neighbor guy catty-corner from our house wanders in to look. About five minutes later his "boss" (his word, not mine :LOL: ) come in behind him. While this couple is looking around, we're all chatting about neighborly things. Steve suddenly mentions me showing up at their door a few days after they had moved in, gift of scones in hand. SCONES from nine years ago, and he still remembers! He said that I was the only neighbor who made a point of going over to introduce myself, no less bring a token of welcome. I'm surprised he didn't remember what flavor(s)! :LOL:

Little gestures of kindness stick with people for a long time. Just like Josie1945's signature says, "Practice Random Acts of Kindness ( RAK ) Makes you feel great too".

When I finally get time to bake scones, I'm pretty sure I'll be taking a couple of them over to Steve and Joy's...

:clap:
Isn't great to know that folks remember your RAK's?

Himself had a dentist appointment yesterday. Doc appointments are about the only time he's out without me tagging along. He came home with a bunch of mini carnations and a tray of hot cross buns, both early Valentine gifts. [emoji3590] When he worked, he would pick flowers up on his way home on V-Day. I'd tell him it was the wrong time to buy them and surprise flowers on a non-holiday would be sweeter. I thought it was so sweet he thought of it.

Back
Top Bottom