Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, thanks.

Back on thread, my boy makes me smile all the time, even when I want to beat some manhood into him.
(DW is working on her levatation skills so she can hover directly over him all day long.)

Nonetheless, I'd better be careful with the tough talk and my son.
Here he is with his mentor/coach, Jim Miller, former UFC lightweight champ who is fighting again to regain his title.
My baby boy, only 12 years old, has begun sparring against full grown, albeit short, men.
All of the fighters in the gym say he's a natural.

Det er gutten min!

Wow! I think he's become a man since the last photo that I saw of him!!!

Thanks LP and Cheryl. ~ I'll be sure to pass all of your compliments to him...as if his head wasn't already big enough! :LOL:

Cheryl, thanks for the Loverly comment. As you can see by the photos, one of them won in the good-looks department. :-p He got lots of brains (IQ of you-don't-want-to-know), but she got the common sense. What a pair those two make!

If I think of it, I'll have to hunt down and post one of our daughter's high school photos. There are a couple of them that I swear you would think she's Sandra Bullock's kid sister. Not a bad lady to look like, I say.

I made the mistake of offering to take the names of the sick and elderly with my old roommate and me to the Woman's March on Washington, DC, thinking I would get maybe 30 names. Wrong. Over 2000! OK, time to get to work. The local grocery store refused to give me 6 feet of butcher paper. But my buddy who works in the schools will get me 16 feet of white paper from the art teacher (I'll double the paper and staple it on the baffles) and has offered to laminate it for me! My hand will fall off, and my writing is terrible, but I feel it is important to represent those who are physically unable to march.

I've been grinning ear to ear!

Last edited:
I made the mistake of offering to take the names of the sick and elderly with my old roommate and me to the Woman's March on Washington, DC, thinking I would get maybe 30 names. Wrong. Over 2000! OK, time to get to work. The local grocery store refused to give me 6 feet of butcher paper. But my buddy who works in the schools will get me 16 feet of white paper from the art teacher (I'll double the paper and staple it on the baffles) and has offered to laminate it for me! My hand will fall off, and my writing is terrible, but I feel it is important to represent those who are physically unable to march.

Good show Dawg.

Thanks, Taxy! I'm going to have a little name-writing party if I can get the house presentable.

No good deed go unpunished. Good luck Dawg. That is very commendable of you and your friends.

I hate having to look for a new doctor. Mine retired in the spring (and moved to Canada!) and I wasn't thrilled with the "replacement". I was supposed to go in November, but cancelled because we would not be back from FL in time, not to mention taking time for our meet-up with GG and her DH! :w00t: When I was rescheduling my appointment, I requested to be seen by one of the two internists. The previous doc had been one, and I felt secure going to a doctor that specializes in the aging. After all, I fall into that category. :ermm: Somehow, the office manager managed to get me to agree to being seen by the nurse-practitioner. :huh: Whaaaa?????? Not really thinking this would work...

So, the appointment was today (Tuesday). Unbelievable, but I'm in love! Well, I like my new health care partner. Guess an old dog can learn new tricks. ;)

I hate having to look for a new doctor. Mine retired in the spring (and moved to Canada!) and I wasn't thrilled with the "replacement". I was supposed to go in November, but cancelled because we would not be back from FL in time, not to mention taking time for our meet-up with GG and her DH! :w00t: When I was rescheduling my appointment, I requested to be seen by one of the two internists. The previous doc had been one, and I felt secure going to a doctor that specializes in the aging. After all, I fall into that category. :ermm: Somehow, the office manager managed to get me to agree to being seen by the nurse-practitioner. :huh: Whaaaa?????? Not really thinking this would work...

So, the appointment was today (Tuesday). Unbelievable, but I'm in love! Well, I like my new health care partner. Guess an old dog can learn new tricks. ;)

Nurses are the Bee's Knees...

Nurses are the Bee's Knees...

Sometimes when a woman has a female caretaker looking after health, it turns out to be better for the patient. They have more empathy for the patient.

I love my doctor. We often sit and have long talks about anything but medicine. But like you, I am in love with my NP. She is in her late 30's and understands all my aches and pains. She understands my reluctance and hatred of having to take so many meds. But let me tell you, she could talk me right of the edge of the Grand Canyon. And I would go willingly. But she knows her limits and will go straight to my doctor if necessary. He is the one who keeps me from going over the edge.

So glad you are happy. Treasure her. She has so much more knowledge and caring for her patients than a doctor that has an overload of patients.

Stay healthy!

LOVE my dr. I would be lost without her. Hate my Mom's dr. He is as useful as teats on a bull. Finding a good dr with whom you can relate is hard, but once you do, hang on tight.

I prefer my mechanic. Wish he was my doctor. Much better bedside manner.

It rained like crazy today, Beagle despises water. It's always funny to watch her dry herself off on the carpet. She looks at me like she's asking, "What did you do to me?"

LOVE my dr. I would be lost without her..Finding a good dr with whom you can relate is hard, but once you do, hang on tight.
I was hanging tight, CW, but he slipped away into the night Canada. Well, he probably had a passport - his wife is French-born, but spent nearly her entire life in Quebec until they married. Kinda gives you his reaction to all the changes that were put into place when the ACA health plan requirements were put into place... Loved him, but this NP has great promise.

I prefer my mechanic. Wish he was my doctor. Much better bedside manner...
:ROFLMAO: Dawg!

When we moved up here I said it would be tough to find a good doctor and a good mechanic. We found good people in both areas. We still have the original mechanic, but I'm now on my seventh health care partner. :wacko: The odd-numbered ones have been great, the even-numbered ones not so much. The previous long-term doc was number five, Susan the NP is number seven. I know we'll have a good doc whenif we moved back to OH - the multi-doctor practice we went to is still in business and still growing. We might luck out and get our last Ohio doc back if we're really lucky!

Last thing that made me smile- How these amazing people working on our house are working continuously, even on the weekends. Appliances being moved in February 8, the finish is almost near, then I will have more smile because then I can finally buy replacement kitchen tools!

img_1496450_0_709549c10c36baa9a2c4819d8ba0fe55.jpg

Last edited:
Last thing that made me smile- How these amazing people working on our house are working continuously, even on the weekends. Appliances being moved in February 8, the finish is almost near, then I will have more smile because then I can finally buy replacement kitchen tools!

img_1496536_0_709549c10c36baa9a2c4819d8ba0fe55.jpg

I am sure the men appreciate the overtime pay. And I would bet that there is a hidden clause that there are financial penalties if they go over the contract date of completion.

But your kitchen looks like a real beauty. I LOVE the shape of your sink. Looks like your kitchen is going to be a room you want to spend a lot of time in.

Good luck in your new and beautiful new home.

I have some friends that do construction. They are very busy. One used our farm shop for a couple days to stain woodwork for a customer. He was out there until 10 pm on Friday AND saturday. His wife made snacks and was feeding him as he worked. Thats love right there.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

My former roommate, that I haven't seen for 40 years! It feels like it was just yesterday since the last time we visited!

Back
Top Bottom