Last update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you! I'll be having someone out in June to look at the oven and then if the one I have can't be fixed, I'll have the one I had in the other trailer transferred over.

At that point I should finally have my kitchen set up and be cooking again.

I'll drop a note or so from the library when I get there again.

Take care you guys!

Hey RR, good luck with settling back in at home. I hope the oven gets fixed and the squirrel has left your house in good shape. Guess you'll find out what he was up to when you get home. Meanwhile, looking forward to your next update.

...Uh, guys? I'm not sure I want to ask this, but what happened to Kayelle and RockLobster?
I sent a message to Kayelle's DC mailbox earlier this week but haven't heard back yet. On a positive note, her inbox wasn't full. I guess that's a good sign. I sure wish she and Cheryl would pop back in to let us know they're still OK.

Hey, everyone! I don't have internet yet, but I'm as good as there, so maybe I can be on here more often.

I'm sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I just didn't want to start a new one.

Right now I'm using my neighbors' WiFi, but I have Starlink, although it's still in the box. It came last week and I still have to figure out how to set it up.

Not much new has really happened. My mom died last August and with what she left, I was able to pay off my loan for the septic and electric and have some left over.

I was going to do my yard this spring, but I can't seem to get hold of the contractor and so I might just fence my yard this year and do it over next year when I have a little bit more saved. I've been trying so hard to grow stuff but the deer are practically sitting on my steps.

A neighbor has been giving them apples, so if I went out and threw stones at them (the deer, not the neighbors), all they did was chase them to see if they were edible. So naturally, now I'm feeding the deer apples. I found out they also love strawberries. I told my neighbor to teach them No More.

I've also been adopted by a stray cat. Well, two of them. I don't know who their owners are, but the black one comes in and sleeps on my bed and Browncat just shows up in the morning to be fed. I really can't afford two cats, so I think I'll take Browncat to the shelter as soon as I can get her used to eating in the cat carrier. She's a longhair tortoiseshell and very sweet, do I think she'll find a home quickly.

I haven't seen Reddy Kilowatt, the squirrel, since last May when she came into the trailer and jumped on my shoulder, but another squirrel came climbing into my lap last summer and filled the void. I was afraid with the cats around I wouldn't see any small animals, but this spring all the birds are back, including the quail, along with two squirrels and a couple chipmunks.

With Browncat's food being outside, Peter Possum is a regular visitor now and of course, the jays are ever present. I need some jay names, guys. Last year I had 5 jays, this year I have 10. We have Crazy Jay, Baby Jay, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Jay Z, Jay Leno, and LL Cool Jay. I need 4 more names.

I wasn't able to get my oven fixed, but I did get something comparable. I got a toaster oven that's just huge. It's 47 quarts, almost the size of a regular oven. It's not an air fryer but that's fine with me. It only has 3 knobs - I can deal with that. The other ones looked like they had an airline cockpit on the front. God help me if I need to get a new car.

So that's it. I'm going to explore the site now and then start some ribs going. I see everything looks new and cool!

It's great to be back!

Hey RR, I was just thinking about you because I saw a post of yours in an old thread. Sorry to read about your Mom's passing. Glad to know things are going well otherwise, though. As I'm reading through your description of your woodland friends, I get an image of you dressed as Snow White, feeding the deer and singing back to the birds. :unsure: Yeah, right! :LOL:

Hope you figure out the Starlink stuff soon so we can hear from you regular like again. BTW, are you still working on miniature houses? Maybe you could make some for the little critters. Just think how cute a little village would be in your yard...

Thank you for the condolences, everyone. i'm really not that upset about my mom passing. In the last 11 years, we talked a lot but more like friends. I wasn't going to call her out on things that happened as I grew up because she was in her 80s the last time I saw her, 92 when she died, and I saw no point in upsetting her in her old age. Plus, she had told me 6 months earlier the doctors found a spot on her lung and I knew right away what it was. So I had time to prepare.

CG, I'm still working on miniatures. While waiting for my disability to go through, I didn't know how long I was going to stay at the low income residency and when they had a horrendous spate of bedbugs, I had to get rid of all my houses and roomboxes. Everything else was in plastic totes or sealed or in storage.

I have 3 houses now, but no room to work on them. I'll have to wait till it finally gets warm out to do anything and before then, I have to decide which of the small houses I want to keep and which one to sell. The other house is primed and ready to go to a new owner.

Oh, I forgot. My friend, Lisa, gave me her HUGE English style front opening house that she paid $2000 to have made. They were just going to toss it and I said bring it up here and put it in my shed. It's too much house for me. It's got 5 center hallways, a basement and an attic with four rooms each, and 12 other huge rooms. I'll try to sell that and then I'll give Lisa the money. I'll post a couple of pics if I can figure out how.

I should be able to be here right up until I get Starlink set up. My neighbor graciously allows me to use their WiFi so even if it takes a bit for Starlink, I have an internet connection. Although I'm on my laptop and I'm dying to get back on my desktop. All my recipes are there!

Back
Top Bottom