Layered Bean Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
D

dnjdery

Looking for a recipe for a layered bean salad. All I know is it had alternating layers of red beans, cheese , lettuce and hamburg. What else I don't know but I loved it!

Here is my recipe for what my family calls Mexican Chef Salad also known as Taco Salad.

Mexican Chef Salad

1 onion or a green onion bunch
2 tomatoes
1 head of lettuce
1 cup shredded cheese
1 small can sliced olives
1 can chopped green chilies
1 can kidney beans, well drained
1 lb. ground beef
Taco sauce, to taste
1 bag tortilla chips

Toss or layer lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives, and green chilies in a bowl. Brown ground beef. Drain well. Return to pan. Add kidney beans to ground beef. Heat thoroughly. Add ground beef and kidney bean mixture to cold salad. Serve immediately with chips and taco sauce. Serves: 4

Here is a couple of threads that may have what you are looking for.

Taco Salad

Chicken Taco Salad

My recipe is like yours, Sierra, except it calls for Catalina dressing.
Of course, you can do all kinds of things with it. I add avacados and substitute canned garbanzo beans for kidney beans, which I don't like. I generally skip the salad dressing and serve the salad with Pace Piquante Sauce and sour cream on top.
We haven't had a taco salad in a long time...thanks for reminding me!

I also serve my salad with sour cream, guacamole, and flavored Doritos tortilla chips. Usually I use the guacamole or cheese flavored Doritos. Recently I tried the habanero flavored Doritos. Wouldn't they add some kick to your salad.

Back
Top Bottom