Le Creuset label removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stevie

Cook
This is probably a dumb question. I bought a 7 qt. french oven and it has a very sticky label on the side of it. I tried removing it last night but it's really stuck to it, so maybe it's meant to stay on :?:

use water and rub or scrub lol . hmm tiger balm works on those situations lol. there is also burning it off

AARRGGHHH !!!
I finally got it off using WD-40 and my thumbnail. What a pain in the ass!!! The barcode label on the bottom was a piece of cake in comparison. I ordered it from Caplanduval and recieved it in great condition, no chips or dings. It's the flame round french oven. Thanks for your replies. ;)

Call me crazy - but this works to get rid of the sticky label gum ... a paper towel and a dab of mayonaise .. something about the oil I guess. It doesn't contain any chemicals that can harm plastics or paints. It takes a little rubbing but is safe.

I've also been told that peanut butter will also work, but I've never tried it. And, before Buckytom or Goodweed can ask the obvious question ... it appears that smooth and chunky work equally well, but creamy is less abrasive. ;)

Hi Michael, thanks for the advise. I did read on the net yesterday morning about using peanut butter. I dont get why they put those hard to remove labels on the pans. I let it soak for a few minutes with WD-40 then scrapped. In hindsight if I had let it soak longer it would have been easier but I have the patience of a chopping block.

Michael in FtW said:
Call me crazy - but this works to get rid of the sticky label gum ... a paper towel and a dab of mayonaise .. something about the oil I guess. It doesn't contain any chemicals that can harm plastics or paints. It takes a little rubbing but is safe.

I've also been told that peanut butter will also work, but I've never tried it. And, before Buckytom or Goodweed can ask the obvious question ... it appears that smooth and chunky work equally well, but creamy is less abrasive. ;)

You aren't crazy. Mayonnaise is what I use to get tree sap out of my hair and clothes. Rub the mayo in then wash as normal. With the clothes I put some stain remover on the item, also.

I'm just adding my two cents here because no one suggested using lighter fluid. Honestly, it will very easily remove the sticky residue from anything. Just put some on a cotton ball and the stuff you are trying to remove comes of very easily. It's also great for getting grease off appliances. I used to use it on my built in above the stove microwave outside door and finger touch pad controls, being careful of heat of course. And surprisingly, it is also fantastic for getting black skuff marks off finished floors like Congoleum (?). Just use a cotton ball with everything as the lighter fluid evaporates really fast. Hope this helps.

The label on mine was on the bottom and I inadvertently left it there before I used it.

They must be made of some sort of futuristic fireproof material :LOL: , because it was barely singed. So - with that said... mind will stay.

Nail polish remover is also good at getting glue, sticky stuff and the remains of peeled-off lables off of things.

There is a special solution sold in hardware stores, it is specificaly made for label removing, I even have it at home. Unfortunately i do not remember the name.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom