Left over ham bone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was originally thinking ham and brown beans then maybe potato soup with ham but your soups look good. What’s your favourite bean for soup? I have black beans on the shelf

Black beans work fine. I generally use Great Northern beans. That is probably what is in the photo I posted. But I have made it with black beans, and it was good.

CD

My fave ham bone meal is with navy beans..

I prefer it less soupy, more of a bean and ham dish..

As I grew up with this, one of my grandmothers regular meals, I still put ketchup on it... :wacko: I know, I know, a travesty.. Jeannie rolls her eyes.. :LOL:

Ross

Growing up, we put ketchup on bean and ham soup. These days, I use a few dashes of Tabasco. :yum:

CD

Never done the oven method, but I have used the crock-pot with more than acceptable results.

I often put my CI DO cooks in the oven. It turns out the same as it would on the cooktop, but it is easier to maintain a constant simmer in the oven, than it is on my electric/ceramic cooktop.

CD

Wish I had a ham bone today. I'm doing the traditional New Year "greens and black eye peas" and Better Than Bullion ham base with some diced ham will have to do.

You have a treasure if you have a ham bone Kevin.

Wish I had a ham bone today. I'm doing the traditional New Year "greens and black eye peas" and Better Than Bullion ham base with some diced ham will have to do.

You have a treasure if you have a ham bone Kevin.

Can ya make it Brussels sprouts for me please? Huh? Huh? Huh? :LOL:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom