leftover candy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

southerncook

Senior Cook
now that halloween is over, there should be plenty of leftover candy out there to cure everyone's munchies. I've got about 40 bags of mini m&m's that i'm gonna throw in cc cookies, it's too bad I don't make gingerbread houses. maybe I'll try one this year. anyone have a good use for blowpops?

southerncook said:
now that halloween is over, there should be plenty of leftover candy out there to cure everyone's munchies. I've got about 40 bags of mini m&m's that i'm gonna throw in cc cookies, it's too bad I don't make gingerbread houses. maybe I'll try one this year. anyone have a good use for blowpops?

erm.. I can't think of anything to do with blowpops, but M&M's .. a zillion different things.. let me think about it.. I might be able to come up with something. :LOL:

As for the blow-pops, do you know any kindergarten teachers? These are great to use for Turkey bodies at craft-time. They stick on feathers at the twisted part, and a head on the round part, and then feet to anchor it.
(does this make sense?)

Or, you could find someone who's kid has a November birthday, and offer to add it to his/her pinata!

my idea for your blowpops, if you care to wait a little while, is to take them to Little League games, little guy football practices, or to your home town high school football games and pass them out to the players. Our sons always loved their blowpops as did their pals, during games of any sort. Or take to a church and give them to them to pass out to the kids, or workers that care for the little ones during services. Is there a shelter near you? A mission? Give away and you'll get back tons for your efforts.

Now, when I was pregnant with our middle son, we had a quiet Halloween and I'd bought many many bags of mini snickers bars. Well, my solution was to make a standard cookie dough, and melt the snickers bars in there, and form cookies, then take them to the prenatal course my hubby and I were taking, for all the expectant mommies, me being one of them, boy were they good. Or make batches of cookies using your m&m's and take them to the local hospital and give to nurses or mommies who just delivered or are about to have a baby. I did that after our last baby was born and it made me feel especially good.

good luck.

my youngest will think he's too old to make turkeys with the pops, but I have a neighbor who teaches 1st, and she may want to do that for thanksgiving. can't just give them out at school, they have gum in the center (the first rule of school we all learned...NO GUM ALLOWED!) but she ought to be able to decorate them and let them bring them home. Thanks guys...I'll be making cookies this afternoon w/the mini's, have a new recipe and new technique for chocolate chip. let you know how they turn out.

wow, great ideas lefselover and jkath!! I never would have thought of them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom