Leftover prime rib roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I disagree Chief. By the time it's warmed in the microwave, it's no longer rare.
I don't even own a deep fryer so that's out too.

Medium rare is what, 130 F.? Put the beef in a zip-lock and into 125 to 130' water and let hang out until it comes up to temp. I know that would work, especially if the left-over meat juices were in the bag as well. You could also use the same trick and place the meat into a 130' oven for long enough to bring it up to temp.

If you don't like the plastic idea, put the meat into foil and pop into the low-temp oven.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Medium rare is what, 130 F.? Put the beef in a zip-lock and into 125 to 130' water and let hang out until it comes up to temp. I know that would work, especially if the left-over meat juices were in the bag as well. You could also use the same trick and place the meat into a 130' oven for long enough to bring it up to temp.

If you don't like the plastic idea, put the meat into foil and pop into the low-temp oven.

Love ya Chief but your first post lacked all those details. :LOL: I'd rather leave mine out till it gets to room temp. and chow down.;)

Love ya Chief but your first post lacked all those details. :LOL: I'd rather leave mine out till it gets to room temp. and chow down.;)

Naw, it didn't lack details, it just wasn't well thought out yet:ohmy:rolleyes:. It was still percolatin' in this old brain. I ran into Young Frankenstein once. He said he would give me a better brain. He gave me one from a lady with a strange name - Abby Normal.:wacko::ohmy:

Not everyone has a deep fryer. Perplexity resolved :)

I thought everyone had a fryer or some oil and a pot around the kitchen.
There is always a Fry Daddy ready to go in my kitchen. Always.
Would not be without some way to deep fry.

I like it. Like it a lot Chief! But not everyone has plastic bags....lol

Last edited:
I suppose this is the perfect opportunity for me to finish the thread I started about prime rib a while ago. This is what I did with the leftovers.
I took the bones and cooked it for a long time. Making an excellent stock. Witch I used latter to make two soups.
I cut the eye of the roast out and sliced it thinly, thus making a perfect cold-cut. My roast was a bit overcooked, well quite bit, I could not eat it as roast. I like it nearly row. This was well done. Interestingly as a cold-cut it works perfect. It is flavorful and tender. On the slice of rye with some hot mustard, yum, better than yum.
The part that was around the eye, I diced and used in the soup. I have posted the recipe of Solyanka here before. And it was amazing, rich and flavorful broth, with tender pieces of meat. I don't think it was eve that good, well it better be at some $20 per pound of meat this was some soup. ;)

I thought everyone had a fryer or some oil and a pot around the kitchen.
There is always a Fry Daddy ready to go in my kitchen. Always.
Would not be without some way to deep fry.

As much as I love deep-fried food, it would be much too tempting to have the means to make it easily accessible all the time. I do have a pot and oil, but I rarely deep-fry. It's just not a technique I use much.

Regarding using leftover rare meat, I usually just nibble at it, sprinkling slices from the fridge with coarse salt, or let it come to room temperature and put it on top of a green salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom