Lemon Bars (I hate baking)...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
made lemon bars - 2 big pans for a friend's niece's wedding TONIGHT!! {Recipe below). I hate baking and this is why - see the 4 eggs tucked up in the method for the crust????? Well, I didn't!!!!! Tooth-breaking stuff they were! lol Maybe now she'll quit asking me to BAKE STUFF!!!!

OK, I edited this so it reads right so no one else messes it up.

LEMON SQUARES

CRUST
2 sticks margarine
2 c. flour
1/2 c. powdered sugar

Melt butter in 9 x 13 inch pan. Mix flour and powdered sugar. Pat down to make crust. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Lemon Topping
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. lemon juice
2 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Beat together and pour over hot crust and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Sift powdered sugar over top. Let cool. Cut in small squares.

LOL at your baking endeavors, elfie. It's really not that hard, but ya DO have to read the entire recipe.

One of my girlfriends hates baking so much she GAVE me her Kitchen Aid stand mixer, still in the box, that she had received as a wedding gift.

DANG! Is she getting married again soon? ;) Tell her to ask for another KitchenAid, my mixer is nearly dead.

LOL, Alix! I wouldn't be surprised if she did. Life is one continuous drama with her, with the long-running mini-feature film about her current marriage (#2). I put up with it because underneath it all she has a heart of gold (plus she just up and gave that mixer to me....)

I'm sure lime juice would work - BUT ADD THE EGGS!!!!!!!!!! I think I would like the lime even better. I thought at one time I would have to make 4 pans of this stuff but I only had to make 2 - I would have had to mix lime and lemon juice - I'm sure it would have been good.

WOW - GAVE you a Kitchen Aid!!!!! very cool!

I am so tired right now I can hardly move - I'm too old for this stuff!!! LOL

Oooops...missed the mixer question. I am using an old Hobart of Mom's until I can unearth my Sunbeam from where I stored it during the kitchen reno.

Alix said:
Oooops...missed the mixer question. I am using an old Hobart of Mom's until I can unearth my Sunbeam from where I stored it during the kitchen reno.

I would tell mom the Sunbeam is lost for good. The Hobart is so much better!

kitchenelf said:
I'm sure lime juice would work - BUT ADD THE EGGS!!!!!!!!!! I think I would like the lime even better. I thought at one time I would have to make 4 pans of this stuff but I only had to make 2 - I would have had to mix lime and lemon juice - I'm sure it would have been good.

WOW - GAVE you a Kitchen Aid!!!!! very cool!

I am so tired right now I can hardly move - I'm too old for this stuff!!! LOL

I will be sure to add the eggs! :LOL:

Well elf, you have no reason to feel bad now!! I royaly screwed up!! I put the eggs in with the crust ingredients! :oops: When I was mixing up the other ingredients is when I realized what I had done. So, I still had time to put the eggs in that part. I was going to remake the crust but I used the last of my flour in this batch. I feel so stupid right now!! I guess I'll just have to wait & see how they turn out. :oops:

I just tried the lime bars. Well, to begin with they don't have much lime flavor & the crust tastes like egg custard. They aren't too bad but they would be better if they tasted more "limey"(is that even a word?). Oh well, at least it wasn't a total loss. I'll have to try again another time. :oops: :roll:

Sorry crewsk,

I feel like that was my fault.

I fixed the recipe so no one else will mess up.

At least you can ge teeth through yours :oops:

Back
Top Bottom