Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOl, OK, will do.

I work on our relatively new VOD (video on demand) department almost every night. We record primetime, then edit and send it to all of the cable, sat, and internet providers. It's a new and constantly growing system with tons of IT type problems.

Sounds like excellent job security ;)

For the most part I have had my TV glued to our 24 hour station. There has been a 10 alarm fire in Cambridge. That is right across the Charles River from Boston. Two each, fire fighters and cops went to hospital. I have lost track of the number of buildings involved. My last count was 11 buildings and some cars parked in the street. I checked 30 minutes ago and they are still pouring water on it and there are still some flames visible. Assistance from at least five surrounding communities. It is bitter cold out. Too cold to be out fighting a fire.

My heart aches for those families who have lost everything. Thankfully, the Mayor of Cambridge immediately started a fund for them. Yes, I have done what I can afford.

And then there are all the forest fires in Tenn. I have a girlfriend who is lives not far from there. And she is surrounded by woods. It would be nice if God would send a heat wave until Jan. 2nd.

I need to get myself calmed down right now. There has to be something happy on TV for the rest of the night.

Oh, man. Charlie, you're gonna love it.

It's somewhat factual, as far as historians know. I mean, there really was a Ragnar, and a Rollo, but they took literary license in making them brothers. Actually, they lived decades apart. Other than that, much of it is based on what we know about the great Viking age, from about 790 to roughly the 1300s (1066 is often considered then end of the age, but that is just where the British were concerned).

Last edited:
Yeah, loving it already. Though I have to say binge watching takes a lot of time. I think I spent the most of the day yesterday glued to the computer screen and evening at home to TV . On Demand xfinity option is awesome. No doubt they've taken poetic license. Nobody went willingly to be a sacrifice.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Besides Vikings, is anyine watching Westworld?

I can,only vaguely remember the old movie, but the new series on HBO is fascinating. Constant twists and turns.You can never be aure who is a human, who is a robot, and who knows which they all are.

We just got done with Westworld. It is wonderfully wonderful!! Can't wait for next season.

Also waiting ( and it's very hard for the next season of Game of Thrones! It's my favorite.

Watching Criminal Minds. Rossi is talking about cigars, sounds like true aficionado and yet in the episode he uses Zippo lighter. No true aficionado would use Zippo lighter.

I just finished watching the inauguration concert.

With all of the bluster about it, it was really pretty good. As good as any other I've seen.

But the fireworks at the end were exceptional.

I just finished watching the inauguration concert.

With all of the bluster about it, it was really pretty good. As good as any other I've seen.

But the fireworks at the end were exceptional.

It's probably part of your job to watch it, but I'm not going to contribute to the ratings for any inauguration events. I hope they get the lowest ratings ever.

+++2

There are a lot better things I can be doing all day tomorrow. I refuse to even put the local news on. Of course starting on Saturday there will be a daily report for day one of the first hundred days of his term in the Oval Office.

...I'm not going to contribute to the ratings for any inauguration events...
Just for that, I'm going to turn all three TVs in the house on, each set to a different station. Mess up the ratings. :-p Not going to watch since I'll be listening to Cleveland sports talk radio. :LOL:

...starting on Saturday there will be a daily report for day one of the first hundred days of his term in the Oval Office.
Just like there has been for every president in the modern age...

Some cable channels like the Comedy Central channel and BBC America, and others are allowed to add 5 to 10 minutes more of advertising per SEGMENT by simply making that segment longer. Take it or leave it! The amount of ads per one hour will be adhered to, per FCC regulations, but we just extended access to that one hour show by 5-10 minutes, if you want to see the ending (ads).

That doesn't seem right or fair. It's almost like some smarty (now promoted) found a loophole in the FCC regulations, or something, to allow for more ads for 30 and 60 minute shows. :mad:

I'd like to send this complaint to the head of the FCC, whoever he is now.

Last edited:
Can't wait until 8:00 PM. PBS is starting up the second season of Mercy Street. Himself and I both enjoyed it very much, so I'm happy to see it return.

Sadly, our favorite summer short series, Brain Dead, will not return. Got good reviews, but poor ratings. Since ratings=$$$, stations don't want to carry shows that don't get the right numbers.

Back
Top Bottom