Liters vs Grams in Confectionery?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah! that's GREAT!

Hey, so you get ahead of yourself - you could always use the original recipe and let it rest over night. Just make it befor eyou leave for the day.

Yeah! that's GREAT!

Hey, so you get ahead of yourself - you could always use the original recipe and let it rest over night. Just make it befor eyou leave for the day.

Unfortunately, I can't because when I'm leaving I have 5 minutes to not miss the bus. But If I have time, I will try to make two of these recipes in the morning and leave one in the fridge, and then I will try to keep it like that every day.

Though yesterday for 9hours straight we had too much of a crowd and they ate about 30kg of crepes and in the last 30 minutes before closing we couldn't serve the rest of the clients. I'm not sure if this is the chef's job or mine to know how much mixture I need. Probably with more experience I will figure it out but the problem is that I don't know how many people are residing at our hotel every day. Plus everything they eat is "free" and they can order as much as they want.

crepe batter has no leavening - so if it is in the fridge for 16 hours, or 12 hours or 8 hours, not going to make a difference.

a batter becoming 'thicker' with time is hardly anything 'new'
a recipe with no indication of such things is a badly written recipe - no matter who the chef is or thinks he is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom