Look At the PEPPER!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LVDeb

Cook
Ok, just a "taste" of what life is like here. The Man and I were discussing peppers. Specifically, Mexican peppers.

Him: "There's one of 'em that's flat...not too spicy at all..."
Me: "Poblano."
H: "Yeah. Kinda flat, green..."
M: "Pob-bla-no. I just told you."
H: "I know, I know...but...I can't remember the name."

Sigh.

"It's called a Poblano. Barely any spice at all. Large. Green. Tasty."

I do a quick search on the interwebs. "See? Here it is."

There's twin sigh from across the home office. "I'm not gonna look."

"Yes you are. Look. Look at the pepper. You're bugging me. Just look."

"That's my mission in life. To bug you," he laughs.

"Oh? Well, I'm throwing that right back at you. LOOK AT THE PEPPER! LOOK AT IT, LOOK AT IT! I will keep doing this until you do!"

I keep repeating "Look at the pepper!"

Finally, The Man gets up and shuffles over. Squints at the screen.

"I dunno. I guess that's it. Still can't think of the name."

I roll my eyes. "Doesn't matter, we don't have any, anyway and they don't go with Chinese stir-fry." (ok, maybe they do, after all, our local take-out puts jalapeños in the General Tso's...but The Man does not need to know this.):glare:

Ok, just a "taste" of what life is like here. The Man and I were discussing peppers. Specifically, Mexican peppers...
Sounds like most every conversation around this place, too, Deb. :ROFLMAO:

M: ...Look at the pepper. You're bugging me. Just look."

H: "That's my mission in life. To bug you," he laughs...
It's not possible for Himself to have a twin in NV, is it? :ermm: This is the story of my life, too. If we lived closer, we could be drinking buddies. :LOL:

Anything is possible, CG.

I don't know about the drinking part (had a liver transplant 6 months ago, so steroids and various other meds added to the above convo), but we could still be buddies!

...hmmm...maybe they're the same person and we don't know it. Chances are slim on that one. He's a Virgo and not the social butterfly. He doesn't suffer fools, and everyone's a fool.

Me too, and so does the traditional Pierogi place. I asked them about it once and the sweet Polish woman behind the counter sadly shook her head and said, "It's the Southwest, it's what they wanted."

No worries, they still have more than enough "real" stuff on the menu. In fact, I may get some today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom