Looking for a good quinoa salad..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichelleCindy

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

I'm looking for a good quinoa salad to make this week. I've had quinoa salad with cucumber, tomatos, olive oil, lemon, bell peppers, etc and really loved it. I would love any awesome variations on this greek style salad or something completely different, whatever you guys like. Any suggestions??:)

I like adding the following to my quinoa salad:

Steamed and chopped zucchini, sugar snap peas, asparagus or artichoke hearts and carrots.

Some fresh chopped pineapple, baby leaf spinach, cherry tomatoes and watercress.

Dressed with a sundried tomato pesto dressing (just a few sundried tomatoes blended till smooth with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper and roasted garlic), some toasted pine nuts and shavings of parmesan.

Last edited:
Dried Cranberries, crushed walnuts, sunflower seeds, thin sliced shallots and lightly wilted spinach. Splash of white balsamic and a little olive oil. It has always seemed to go over pretty well. The shallots add a nice sharpness to the otherwise sweet flavors going on.

Dried Cranberries, crushed walnuts, sunflower seeds, thin sliced shallots and lightly wilted spinach. Splash of white balsamic and a little olive oil. It has always seemed to go over pretty well. The shallots add a nice sharpness to the otherwise sweet flavors going on.

That sounds great!

Tattrat, that sounds like something that would go perfectly with my leftover grilled chicken breasts. Do you toast either the walnuts or sunflower seeds or do you use them raw? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom