Looking for a Potato Appetizer that can be made ahead and travel.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsMarshmallow

Assistant Cook
I am looking for a Potato appetizer that can be made a head and possibly frozen then travel 2 hours in a car for a bridal shower. Any ideas?

I usually double this for a 9 x 13 pan. Have substituted frozen hash browns (thawed) when in a hurry.
Artichoke and Potato Nibbles
1/2 pound white potatoes, scrubbed
coarse salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
4 large eggs
1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 c.)
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

Put the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water by at least an inch, add a good pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium; cover partway and cook until the potatoes are tender. Drain on a rack set in the sink and let cool.
Heat the oven to 325º. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish. When the potatoes are cool, peel and cut them into 1/3-inch dice. Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper and cook until translucent, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or so, until you can smell the garlic. Remove from the heat.
Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat them with a fork until well mixed. Stir in the sautéed onions. Add the diced potatoes, artichokes, cheese, parsley and Tabasco sauce. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape the mixture into the baking dish and bake until it has set like a quiche – puffed at the sides and a little jiggly in the center – about 25 minutes.
Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into 1-inch squares. the nibbles are easiest to cut if completely cool.

Selkie mate do you mean Crisps:ohmy:

That's them! :) Fried potato slices... salt... misc. flavorings... the stuff that they say you can't eat just one... the food of heart-clogging oil and starch, and yet nearly everyone wants them served with some sort of rich cream dip at a party. They may not be elegant, but they're good! :pig:

Still my beating heart, you want a clogger Selkie Mate google Potato Latkes they will do the trick:)

I don't think latkes reheat very well. :ermm:

Potato Samosas are really delicious, and reheat beautifully. And if you make them yourself, you can control the amount of heat you add,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom