Low carb chicken pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob Babcock

Head Chef
I just wanted to post the way I like to make low carb pizza. I use Joseph's Lavash bread. Around here you can get it at Wal-Mart as well as a couple of grocery stores. I see you can also buy it online. It's really soft and tasty; it makes good wraps, too. IIRC it has about 7 or 8 grams of carbs for an entire peice, and you'd have to be pretty hungry to eat a pizza made with a whole one. The nice thing about it is that it's pretty thin- perfect for pizza crust.

Here's the stuff I mean:

To start out, preheat the oven to 350 F. I like to lay it out on a wire rack sold for grilling veggies on the barbie. A cooling rack would also work. Brush the bread lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle with a bit of salt. Toss it in the oven and bake until crispy. In my oven it takes about five minutes on the middle rack to get it as crispy as I like it (fairly crisp).

Once it's as crisped up as you like it, top in as you would any other crust. Below is the chicken & onion ranch pizza I had for dinner. It's very simple- just ranch dressing spread over the whole crust, topped with feather shredded mozzerella cheese, diced onion and cooked chicken. Okay, I actually cooked the chicken sous vide @ 140 degrees for a couple hours, but you could use any chicken.

Chicken Ranch Pizza:

The ranch version is nice because ranch dressing has almost no carbs, nor does the chicken. But if you use a no-sugar-added tomato sauce then you can pretty much go nuts!:ROFLMAO:

And BTW, my brother cuts into small strips and bakes into chips that are super for dipping. It's a pretty versatile product.

Thanks for this idea. Much faster than rolling out dough. I've been wanting to try this bread for wraps. Now I have to look for it.

Back
Top Bottom