Lyoor as a nice road trip energy food, other ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ahhh, com'on taxy, give an old lady a break here! I'm sure you've checked all your facts, as no, I didn't. Guess I should never have stated the country.
But it was Oslo - so which ever country that is - and they drove on the left. And I did state it was 1957 or so - and I do know they didn't change over - (either country) until 1967.

But aside from all the piddling facts, the point of the story was...
... getting off a car ferry, very late at night, traveling with a bunch of (probably) cranky kids - to be faced with oncoming traffic lights in a foreign country, and being stunned to find out they drive on the other side of the road.
I have looked. As far as I can tell, Norway has always had right hand traffic (RHT). It was only Sweden (of the Scandinavian countries) that had left hand traffic in the 1950s. You didn't say which country. You just wrote Oslo, which is in Norway. If you took a ferry to Oslo, then you could have driven to Sweden in about two hours or less. Is it possible that's what happened? That you started off, after the ferry, driving on the right and then crossed into Sweden and had to drive on the left. There is no passport control between the Scandinavian countries and I believe that was true in the 1950s. Was it a very long, many hour ferry ride or about a two hour ferry ride?

When we do our road trips, we usually take the following. First we cut up all veggies still in tthe fridge that would otherwise rot while were gone ( Cucumber, carrots, celery ...). We cut them up into sticks, and also bring some of this small individual hummus cups. We also take some granola and cups. When we want it, we just fill up a cup, Its easier and less messy to kinda' sip' granola from a cup while driving, than reaching into the bag and having half of it wind up on the floor. We take cans of corn, olives, chickpeas ( with pull tabs so no need for can opener, even though we take one of those also). Various dried fruits, nuts. Fresh apples, as they usually hold up for days in the car ( as long as not leaving them in a very hot car). Peanut butter and something to dip with ( pretzels, crackers). These are just snack things, but if we're doing a real long trip, and know we may be driving through lunch, well bring some bread , or things to make sandwiches with on the go. I've been doing extensive road trips for decades, so we kinda got it down to a science .
Hahahah sure you can make a science out of it, definitely know what you r meaning ... :D Yeah, true, granola ist very nice for breakfast! Got idea, peanut butter is a very very nice idea, I also love it to put it on my porridge, quite nice hey! Oh yeah, I will miss the German bread haha but I am sure there are very nice bakeries in Australia as well :)

Marcuslietz, being from Berlin, don't forget Australia drives on the opposite side of the road!
Best tip I can give you is to make sure the center road painted line is on the driver's side. Makes it easier to remember. THE Driver just looks down, if that line isn't beside him ... GET OVER!
:LOL: :innocent: :ROFLMAO:
Hahahaha sooo true, I am a bit afraid of changing my driving routine, but I am sure I will lear it quite fast... at least I hope hehe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom