Making Supper for Barbara L and James

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the input and suggestions - I'll put something together - apparently there's going to be some grilled portobellas as I heard they go with everything! :chef:

I'd go with some grilled veggies ~ sliced zucchini, onions and bell peppers with a dab of olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss it all together and drizzle a bit of Italian dressing. The best grilled veggie salad you can serve with burgers and chicken. How about some grilled corn on the cob with a dab of butter or mayo?

I'd go with some grilled veggies

You mean like this :LOL: I do grilled veggies like this all the time and I guess I was hoping to do something different.

img_687581_0_fb1db5a1e03d46925d5ee6101c449806.jpg

You mean like this :LOL: I do grilled veggies like this all the time and I guess I was hoping to do something different.

Oh, Elf, when can I come to dinner? Just the veggies and portobellos would be fine, you wouldn't have to go to too much trouble. And these days I am not eating lots.....:ROFLMAO:

img_687589_0_fb1db5a1e03d46925d5ee6101c449806.jpg

That's perfect! It may be old hat to you, but maybe it's something different for Barbara and James. Don't know, but possibly.

I love grilled veggies. Sometimes I put them over greens, sometimes just drizzle with dressing on their own. HTH.

GG - I put the grilled romaine on the bottom so the greens are there sort of! They are always a "winner" even if I hate to look at them over and over and over and over and over and over............:wacko:

My head is still spinning with ideas...hey, I've got a couple days to decide! :ermm: :LOL:

GG - I put the grilled romaine on the bottom so the greens are there sort of! They are always a "winner" even if I hate to look at them over and over and over and over and over and over............:wacko:

My head is still spinning with ideas...hey, I've got a couple days to decide! :ermm: :LOL:

Well, something else I like to do with grilling sometimes is sliced zucchini and chopped peppers sauteed on the side burner with EVOO, garlic, and fresh herbs.

Or a marinated veg salad - steam some veggies, put in an ice bath to cool, then marinate overnight in your favorite vinaigrette. Very refreshing :)

We'll eat them so fast you won't have to see them for too long!

Seriously, don't go to too much trouble! We're just plain ol' James and Barbara.

:)Barbara

I know it's late idea time, but what about potatoes, carrots and onions cut up, put in foil packet with alittle oil & butter, salt & pepper, and cooked on the grill?
whatever, it will be super, and pictures will follow - or empty plate pics, anyway. Enjoy!

I'm definitely late chiming in here, but I'm a huge fan of Calico Beans in lieu of traditional baked beans.

Regardless, I know they will be thrilled with whatever shows up on the plate. Have a great day and enjoy the visit.

Joe

...Regardless, I know they will be thrilled with whatever shows up on the plate. Have a great day and enjoy the visit.

Joe
I told kitchenelf she can throw dry biscuits at us and we will be happy, as long as she is talking to us while we gnaw on them!

Somehow I think you'll be getting something tastier than dry biscuits.
She's such a good cook that I'm sure she could even find a way to make dried biscuits taste good! (And no KE, throwing a mushroom on a dried biscuit wouldn't be that tasty! LOL). Seriously, she is a wonderful cook, and I am looking forward to today very much. Moreso for the fellowship and further bonding, but also for the food.

Somehow I think you'll be getting something tastier than dry biscuits.

Agreed. If the meal is half as good as it sounds here, it's gonna be quite a spread!

It's cool how you are "archiving" the events here with pix, and how friendly everyone is. Of all the things to be done on vacation, you go on a whirl wind tour of the USA visiting DC friends. That speaks volumes about you both as to what you believe friendship entails. Albeit online, I'm glad to know you both, and perhaps some day our IRL paths will cross.

Until then, we'll be chatting here! :cool:

Enjoy your visit and meal today!

Thanks! And we do have family in Minnesota, so who knows! :cool: Plus if you (or anyone from DC) ever gets down to the Charlotte area, just let us know. A few of us live in or near that area.

It's a very simple meal

My version of hamburgers with choice of:

• lettuce
  • tomatoes
  • slaw
  • chili
  • mustard
  • ketchup
  • relish
  • pickles
  • mayo
  • sharp cheddar
  • provolone
potato salad
grilled salad (romaine, red/yellow peppers, portobella mushrooms)
coleslaw
apple crisp

Just simple, everyday cooking for our weary travelers!

Back
Top Bottom