Malled Food/Food Court

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
I'm not a mall fan - but, recently met a friend for lunch at a mall & was surprised to see the array of food offerings.

Wondered:
What foods are in your malls
Which stands/foods are you drawn to/favorites
If you could open your own stand/space, what delites would you make/sell?
What do you think of mall food in general
Do you think there should be more high-class (for lack of a better description) restaurants

I'm partial to Panda Express (?), & order the wontons/dumplings, comes with one each chicken & beef satay sticks & rice.

My local mall offers:

Sub Way
McDonalds
Orange Julius
Cajun Grill
Paradise Bakery
Indain food - forgot the name
Chick-fillet
Japanese food
Taco Time
Steak Escape
Orient Express

I don't tend to like to eat at the mall because I consider most of it junk food...which means it's food I never eat unless I am craving bad stuff. My choice is usually Taco Time because I like th artery clogging deep fried taco things. :)

If I could open my own stand of course it would be Vietnamese food. An array of soups, rice and noodle dishes.

Oh, I forgot, it does have one "sit down" place, a burger joint that is based on the old fashioned (think Happy Days) style rest. complete w/ mini juke box at your table and checkered floors and malted milk shakes. :)

htc said:
I don't tend to like to eat at the mall because I consider most of it junk food...If I could open my own stand of course it would be Vietnamese food. An array of soups, rice and noodle dishes.

I agree htc. Would love to see Thai/Vietnamese & Indian food. Thanks for the food for thought.

we have a smoothie place, a french fry place, sandwich shops, a meat 'n potatoes place, a french fry shop, cookie place, and several more i can't think of at one mall. there's also an eat-in restaurant w/ actual meals, like planked salmon and filet mignon.

at the other, it's only a little dive that has the most awesome fries and gravy you could imagine.

and at the newest mall around here, there is a restaurant/bar, but that's not by the food court. all the usuals you'd expect are available in thier food court, too.

My favorite mall doesn't let food chains in...
it's all pretty great food.
There's sushi, Mexican, Greek, Thai, Japanese, Indian, Italian
plus many other international type places and a 50's diner type rest.

The Food Court at Ala Moana Shopping Center has EVERYTHING. Chinese, Japanese, Hawaiian, Thai, burgers, cookies, ice cream etc. etc.

I would open a Starbucks. There is always a line at Starbucks.

I havent gone to a mall in a couple of years. But they had many selections of cusine. Wasabi & Pdswife those malls sounds great! I love all of those foods! :D

htc said:
Oh, I forgot, it does have one "sit down" place, a burger joint that is based on the old fashioned (think Happy Days) style rest. complete w/ mini juke box at your table and checkered floors and malted milk shakes. :)

Wish I were there...That was such a fun time..except for having to polish the juke boxes and wash all the soda fountian equipment after the night shift.

I don't think the two malls here have a "food court". One of those malls has a small restaurant of some sort, but not sure what kind.
The other mall has an Appleby's, and that's the only restaurant, I believe.

I grew up Tulsa, OK. There are three big malls there. Those malls have definite food courts, with mostly fast-food-types and "snack shops" selling ice cream, cookies/muffins, etc. Of the fast food places, McNasty's, pizza-by-the-slice, Chinese, Chick-Fil-A, a Philly Cheesesteak place (that one may have since closed), Arby's, etc. There was even an Olive Garden Cafe, serving a light selection of the regular menu. Snack shops were TJ Cinnamons, Dipp-n-Dots, TCBY, a lemonade place, etc.

Of course, I don't usually go mall-hopping anymore, so I don't eat there anymore.

Im not a mall person. I try to avoid it as much as possible. Ours do have Mc Donalds, Chick filet, chinesse, gyros, pizza a couple of other things. I haven't been to our mall since I was 16 I'm 23 :shock:, wow, I didn't think it ws that long. I don't think I would eat at any of the places there. Not a fan of fast food. Would rather have home cooked meal.

We have a place called Easton Towne Center that's supposed to be an ultra-upscale "shopping experience" but it's basically a mall with expensive stores, expensive restaurants and a GameWorks. Ugh. That place is pretentious to the extreme. I'll take a Sbarro any day! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom