Man does this bring back memories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man that sure brings back memories :grin:
Mahna, Mahna was the best :!:

It's too bad what happened to Bert :-(

Puff said:

I know...
After Mr Hooper died, the whole gang when down the shitter....
thegang29ju.jpg

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Why, Your just a young puppy. :grin: School House Rock was in when I was a kid. :)

I remember that one :!:
Back when they had good sat. morning toons :!:

ScottyDaQ said:
Puff said:

I know...
After Mr Hooper died, the whole gang when down the shitter....
thegang29ju.jpg
:lcry: :lcry: :lcry:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
You mean like Loony Toon's? My bad, That's here!

Yea, all the old toon's.
Bugs Bunny, Roadrunner, etc..
The toons nowadays suck :!:

Bert and Ernie were prototypical fags! Sorry Greg, that was not a personal attack on you, Puff, Bruce, Finney ,or Larry.

Now Johnny Quest, there was a good kids show........

Woodman said:
Bert and Ernie were prototypical fags! Sorry Greg, that was not a personal attack on you, Puff, Bruce, Finney ,or Larry.

That was Bert's demise, he found out Ernie had a secret lover and Bert whacked him :eek:

ScottyDaQ said:
Rememer when the Bugs Bunny / Roadrunner show used to come on after the Wide World of Sports on Sunday nights? Then Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kindom.
Don't remember that one :!:

photokirk said:
Woodman said:

Wait a sec... Bert and Ernie were gay, but Johnny Quest was good? Woodpuffer, Dr. Quest and Race Bannon were total pole-smokers.
Sounds like a personal attack :eek:
What do you think Woody 8-[

ABC's Wide World of Sports...even if you cared nothing about the sport that day you had to tune in for the intro...just to see "the agaony of defeat"

I can remember waking up "too" early on Saturdays, then having to wait for AG USA and the Farm Bureau report to end so I could watch Loony Tunes. This all reminds me of a weekly post I get from a relative..

" 'Gotta Be Over 40 to Understand."

Mom used to cut chicken, chop eggs and spread mayo on the same cutting board with the same knife and no bleach, but we didn't get food poisoning.

My Mom used to defrost hamburger on the counter AND I used to eat a bite raw sometimes, too. Our school sandwiches were wrapped in wax paper, in a brown paper bag, not in icepack coolers, but I can't remember anybody getting e.coli.

Almost all of us would have rather gone swimming in the lake instead of a pristine pool (talk about boring), no beach closures then.

The term cell phone would have conjured up a phone in a jail cell, and a pager was the school PA system.

We all took gym, not PE... and risked permanent injury with a pair of hightop Ked's (only worn in gym) instead of having cross-training athletic shoes with air cushion soles and built-in light reflectors. I can't recall any injuries but they must have happened, because they tell us how much safer we are now....

Flunking gym was not an option... even for stupid kids! I guess PE must be much harder than gym.

Speaking of school, we all said prayers and sang the National Anthem, and staying in detention after school caught all sorts of negative attention. We must have had horribly damaged psyches.

What an archaic health system we had then. Remember school nurses? Ours wore a hat and everything, and she could even give you an aspirin for a headache or fever.

I thought that I was supposed to accomplish something before I was allowed to be proud of myself. I just can't recall how bored we were without computers, Play Station, Nintendo, X-box or 270 digital TV cable stations.

Oh yeah, and where was the Benadryl and sterilization kit when I got that bee sting? I could have been killed!

We played 'king of the hill' on piles of gravel left on vacant construction sites, and when we got hurt, Mom pulled out the 48-cent bottle of Mercurochrome (kids liked it better because it didn't sting like iodine did) and then we got our butt spanked! Now it's a trip to the emergency room, followed by a 10-day dose of a $49 bottle of antibiotics, and then Mom calls the attorney to sue the contractor for leaving a horribly vicious pile of gravel where it was such a threat.

We didn't act up at the neighbor's house either, because if we did, we got our butt spanked there, and then we got butt spanked again when we got home. I recall a boy from next door coming over and doing his tricks on the front stoop, just before he fell off. Little did his Mom know that she could have owned our house. Instead, she picked him up and swatted him for being such a goof.

It was a neighborhood run amuck.

To top it off, not a single person I knew had ever been told that they were from a "dysfunctional family". How could we possibly have known that we needed to get into group therapy and anger management classes? We were obviously so duped by so many social ills, that we didn't even notice that the entire country wasn't taking Prozac!

Like I said earlier, How did we ever survive?

LOVE TO ALL OF US WHO SHARED THIS ERA, AND TO ALL WHO DIDN'T---- SORRY FOR WHAT YOU MISSED. I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING

God Bless America, and may God especially bless you."

The teachers used to beat the crap out of me! (big surprise) and my floks never once sued them!

Woodman said:
The teachers used to beat the crap out of me! (big surprise) and my floks never once sued them!
My wood shop teacher went upside my head!
My old man sided with him :-X
Bastard :-X
Woody what are floks? #-o

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom