Mario Batali Wins the Chocolate and Coconut battle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
I found it to be an interesting battle. Special rules said you had to make three savory dishes and two deserts. GREAT MOVE!!!

I liked the spicy chocolate sauce dip.

savory chocolate????? what did he make. unsweetened coconut is good in a lot of foods, but chocolate, cannot imagine a savory dish. Chocolate covered shrimp, perish the thought.

It was a good show last night...

though I wish they'd stuck to chocolate desserts.

I can't really remember what they were called...
but one used fish
another used scallops
and another used chocolate noodles... oh and there was a soup also.

Wish I'd been paying more attention so I could give you better info...sorry!!

pdswife1 said:
I can't really remember what they were called...
but one used fish
another used scallops
and another used chocolate noodles... oh and there was a soup also.

Wish I'd been paying more attention so I could give you better info...sorry!!

No problem PD1, just curious, I would have forgotten chocolate covered fish as well. I did see emeril yesterday, and he did a chocolate noodle dessert, looked rather nice.

norgeskog said:
savory chocolate????? what did he make. unsweetened coconut is good in a lot of foods, but chocolate, cannot imagine a savory dish. Chocolate covered shrimp, perish the thought.

Chocolate is in Mole which is one of my alltime favorites. Chocolate, 4 kinds of ground peppers, nuts, tortilla ash, chicken stock... it ends up making a druglike efect on your endorphins when you eat it. Amazing stuff.

For other savory chocolate I did see a competitor on Iron chef drizzle a agreat wine reduction with melted chocolate on fatty tuna once, it looked amazing.

I havent seen the Batali one yet (no cable) but I cant wait.

Lugaru said:
norgeskog said:

Chocolate is in Mole which is one of my alltime favorites. Chocolate, 4
I havent seen the Batali one yet (no cable) but I cant wait.

Lugaru, I forgot about mole sauce. I have had it in Mexico and did not like it at all, but it is very popular.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom