Measuring spoons I had never seen, now can't live without

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or an odd size bottle that someone can't figure out doesn't properly fit in the first place...
Actually, it was mentioned several times for at least one brand, that it didn't fit various people's olive oil bottles. Lots of questions about the size of the stopper.

They're OK, like all others. The magnets hold them together--but then you have to pull tghem apart for use. And if you put one in just the wrong place, it'll cling to your iron skillet. The measurement markings fade quickly--keep out of dishwasher.

The ring comes off as soon as I buy them. WIth the ring, you can't clean them in the dishwasher - they 'nest'.
I remove the cheapo ring they come with and put them on a sturdy key ring. They hang inside the door were the flour and baking supplies live. They get washed by hand because they will nest in the dishwasher. None get lost this way.

Has losing measuring spoons been an issue? My measuring spoons spend their entire lives within a 4'-5' circle centered on my utensil drawer.

I have many sets of measuring spoons and cups. Also cookbooks & misc kitchen knic knacs. Why? Mother's Day, Birthday, Festivals/Holidays, etc!

Now I want a set of the skinny rectangular spoons. :w00t: I have very nice Cuisipro measuring spoons that are skinny ovals, but the largest of them don't fit in my old spice bottles. I end up measuring out 3 teaspoons when I need a tablespoon.
Me too!

I’m still using a set of these old aluminum spoons that my mother got as a premium from SwansDown when she set up housekeeping.

1678642379182.jpeg

Lost? Are you kidding? Mine accumulate via spontaneous generation.
Me too!

I’m still using a set of these old aluminum spoons that my mother got as a premium from SwansDown when she set up housekeeping.

View attachment 63875
I envy you that cup! As for the spoons, they're identical to those I got as a prize for winning the 1971 Paoli (Pa) Memorial Hospital Men Only Baking Contest. I won the bread division with a loaf of "light rye" made from a recipe from a book found in a rack at the supermarket. I won by default: I was the only one in the bred div. So many other men made cheesecakes that a separate division was made to separate them from other desserts.

obillo, hope you still have your First Place Ribbon, LOL.
Aunt Bea, my mom had a set like that but I don't recall the cup.
I also had a set as that was pretty much all that was available "back then".

I had a "Me" moment the other day, in the drugstore of all places $$. Little red cardinals on the handles. doubt I'll ever use them, not practical unless desperate. Oops, well, I was desperate the other day and needed just 1 T. of cornstarch, other closest was oily, so...

20230312_140545.jpg I don't know if you can tell, I only just saw while taking the picture and I had to look twice. The 1 teaspoon's cardinal is facing the opposite way. LOL!
edit: not a good pic. the cardinals are really a nice bright red, spoons shiny silver.

I had a "Me" moment the other day, in the drugstore of all places $$. Little red cardinals on the handles. doubt I'll ever use them, not practical unless desperate. Oops, well, I was desperate the other day and needed just 1 T. of cornstarch, other closest was oily, so...

View attachment 63876 I don't know if you can tell, I only just saw while taking the picture and I had to look twice. The 1 teaspoon's cardinal is facing the opposite way. LOL!
edit: not a good pic. the cardinals are really a nice bright red, spoons shiny silver.
Isn't the cardinal on the tablespoon looking in the same direction as the one on the teaspoon? It may have its breast facing the same way as the other two, but its face is facing the same way as the one on the teaspoon. :angel:

nope, look closer, his little beak is pointing away from the tsp. hard to see but still, there is a tiny little triangle that is his beak....

nope, look closer, his little beak is pointing away from the tsp. hard to see but still, there is a tiny little triangle that is his beak....
Okay, I copied your picture. I turned it so the birds' heads are upwards. I enlarged it a whole lot. I think you are right. The crest is what I thought was the beak. I guess the best way to judge which way the bird is facing in this photo is to look for the black bit, which is only on the throat (in front). That is sort of odd, that one is facing the other way.

View attachment 63876 I don't know if you can tell, I only just saw while taking the picture and I had to look twice. The 1 teaspoon's cardinal is facing the opposite way. LOL!
I think they're gorgeous 😍
2023-03-12-18-38-57-921.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom