Meatball Recipes x 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hilary1220

Assistant Cook
Two very easy recipes for meatballs in the slow cooker:
SWEDISH MEATBALLS
4 lbs frozen meatballs
4 jars beef gravy (brown or mushroom also good)
1 pint sour cream
1 can beef broth, use sparingly

Place meatballs in slow cooker. Separately combine remaining ingredients, and add to meatballs. Cook on low heat for 2 to 3 hours.
SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS
2 lbs frozen meatballs
1 jar chili sauce
1-2/2 cups grape jelly

Place meatballs in slow cooker. Separately combine chili sauce and jelly, then pour over meatballs. Cook on low heat 3-5 hours.

Thought this was going to be recipes for homemade meatballs.:(

If I may, here's my favorite mratball recipe,
1 lb. 70/30 ground beef
1/2 lb. Cuhdagi sausage
1 large egg
1/2 cup minced onion
2 tbs. Minced garlic
1 Tsp. Rubbed sage
1/4 tsp. Dried thyme
2 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. Died Oregano
1 tsp. Sweet basil.
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
1_4 cip shredded Parmesano-Regiano

Combine all ingredients. Form into 1 inch meatballs and arrane on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Roast in preheated 375 degree F. oven for 30 minutes.

If you cant get chudigi sausage, sub with Italian, or breakfast sausage.

These meatballs are very meaty, and go great with a good ragu.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Cudaghi sausage was created in the middle of the U.P. by Italian imigrants. The cudaghi sandwich is a very special sandwich made from a pan-fried pattie shaped to fit a sub-roll, and topped with marinara, and provolone. There are recipes on-line to make this iconic sausage. Hoever, depending on the store you purchase from the flavor varries. Oh, and just so you know, cudaghi was created in Gwyn, Michigan. For those of you who like to make your own sausage, this is a winner. It's a fresh bulk sausage, raw like breakfast sausage, and is made in bulk for. It is never put into a caising. I would think though that it woul be great in a caing, and smoked.

From my restaurant days I can tell you if you cook/heat up frozen meatballs on a sheet tray and then put them in your sauce, you will have a much better tasting end product.

From my restaurant days I can tell you if you cook/heat up frozen meatballs on a sheet tray and then put them in your sauce, you will have a much better tasting end product.

My issue with frozen meatballs is more the texture than the flavor. The very few times I have bought frozen meatballs, they have been very dense and hard rather than tender.

I assume that comes from a lack of bread crumbs/panade that one would use in homemade meatballs and the machine shaping that probably compresses them so they won't fall apart in the manufacturing process.

My issue with frozen meatballs is more the texture than the flavor. The very few times I have bought frozen meatballs, they have been very dense and hard rather than tender.
I agree. Also, I like to season my meatballs differently for different recipes. I haven't looked, but I'm guessing Italian, and maybe a general "plain," flavor are the only kinds available frozen.

We got a restaurant supply company here called GFS(Gordan Food Service) that a restaurant I worked for bought from.

Their meatballs were always tender just needed sauce to tone down the taste of the meatball itself. They weren't very good by themselves but in a Swedish or bbq sauce they were good.

Ironic, I had a dream last night about eating some of those Swedish ones.

I don't know if the quality had been maintained, but the frozen Swedish meatballs from Ikea used to be good and had a nice enough texture.

Cudaghi sausage was created in the middle of the U.P. by Italian imigrants. The cudaghi sandwich is a very special sandwich made from a pan-fried pattie shaped to fit a sub-roll, and topped with marinara, and provolone. There are recipes on-line to make this iconic sausage. Hoever, depending on the store you purchase from the flavor varries. Oh, and just so you know, cudaghi was created in Gwyn, Michigan. For those of you who like to make your own sausage, this is a winner. It's a fresh bulk sausage, raw like breakfast sausage, and is made in bulk for. It is never put into a caising. I would think though that it woul be great in a caing, and smoked.

Thanks Chief

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom