Meatloaf for Rye Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Light rye, with Caraway seeds has a robust flavor, which makes it perfect for corned beef and pastrami, ham, and other flavorful meats. However, recent posts about meatloaf had me hungry for a meatloaf sandwich; and we only have rye bread on hand.

Meatloaf, though flavorful, is a delicate flavor. So I crafted this recipe specifically for the rye bread. It turned out great. S, I'm sharing it with all of you. It tastes great and slices beautifully, hot, or cold.

Meatloaf:
1/2 lb. 80/20 ground beef1/2 lb ground pork
12 Keebler Townhouse crackers, crushed
1/2 cup whole milk
2 tbs. A1 Steak Sauce
1/2 tsp. granulated garlic powder
1/2 tsp, granulated Onion powder
1/4 tsp. dried Oregano
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tbs. hot chili powder
1 large egg1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt

Combine meats. Fold them together. Fold in remaining ingredients until well combined.

Line bread pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, keeping the foil as smooth as possible. Preheat oven to 375'F. Place meat into the foil lined loaf pan. Flatten the top and work meat into the corners so it makes a uniform loaf. Cover the top of the loaf pan tightly with foil to keep the meatloaf moist. Place in the oven and bake for45 minutes. Remove from the oven and sauce the top of your meatloaf. Place back into the oven, uncovered, for ten more minutes. Remove and refrigerate.

Sauce:
3 tbs. Hot Pepper paste I used my Frisky calf, homemade Salsa, blended until smooth.)
3 tbs Russian Salad dressing. Stir to combine. Taste, and adjust.

The Russian dressing really added a wonderful flavor to the pepper paste. Sriracha makes a great Pepper paste that comes in a jar. Use your favorite brand.

The sauce really compliments both the rye bread, and meatloaf, without overpowering them.

Enjoy.

Seeeeya;Chief Longwind of the North

Works good on rye.

thumbs-up_1f44d.png

Back
Top Bottom