Member Titles...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

Site Team
Staff member
We need to come up with some new member titles that represent the number of posts a member has made.

They are currently the default ones as follows:
Junior Member = 0 posts
Member = 30
Senior Member = 100

I think we should have them for the following post amounts
0 posts
50 posts
100 posts
500 posts
1000 posts

What would some creative options be for these?

As an example here is my quick idea.
0 posts = Junior Member
50 posts = Member
100 posts = Senior Member
500 posts = Sous Chef
1000 posts = Master Chef

Hopefully that will help explain the concept. So what are your creative ideas?

Member Titles

Andy R said:
We need to come up with some new member titles that represent the number of posts a member has made.

As an example here is my quick idea.
0 posts = Junior Member
50 posts = Member
100 posts = Senior Member
500 posts = Sous Chef
1000 posts = Master Chef
Hopefully that will help explain the concept. So what are your creative ideas?

5000 posts = Executive Chef 2

I am supposing you are Executive Chef 1

DampCharcoal said:
I hardly qualify for the position of "Master Chef" but hey, I'll take it any way I can get it! :grin:

Oh I do not know DC, you seem qualified to me, at least we both do especially in our own kitchens :grin:

Before I finished reading your initial post Andy I was thinking about Sous Chef and others like that. Great minds think alike :)

Master Chef

Hey DC,

Didn't anyone ever tell you that setting off the smoke detector is a pre-req for the job???:LOL: Warm regards, Lori

6.gif

0 posts = Apprentice Chef
50 posts = Chef
100 posts = Senior Chef
500 posts = Head Chef
1000 posts = Master Chef
3000 posts = Jedi Chef
5000 posts = Lord of the Chefs
10000 posts = President of the Lords of the Jedi Chefs! :)

Those are cute DS!!!!! Those that have no clue as to the movies here will be in deep doo doo to understand what these mean - it was Star Trek - wasn't it? :p

Here's my take on it:

0 posts = Assistant Cook
50 posts = Cook
100 posts = Senior Cook
500 posts = Sous Chef
1000 posts = Executive Chef
2500 posts = Certified Executive Chef
5000 posts = Certified Master Chef

As I understand, the ACF has certified many C.E.C.'s in the country, but there's only a handful of C.M.C.'s in this country.

Why do we need this rubbish AndyR?

Are you deliberately trying to increase the noise level in the forum?

People who read the posts of the frequent and/or knowledgeable posters know who they are, and value their input.

They do not need to know how many posts they have made.

You seem to be in the "never mind the quality, feel the width" game.

Do you think that "titles" are more important than the people behind them?

The french found way of dealing with that view of life.

ti.gif
ee.gif

Darkstream - the number of posts someone makes has ALWAYS been there - the names have ALWAYS been there i.e., forum newbie, junior member, regular member, senior member, etc. We did that at the other site. This is just a way to have the title related to in a cooking term.

It's just a different word - but the WORD was still there.

Darkstream said:
You seem to be in the "never mind the quality, feel the width" game.
I personally feel the quality has gone up tremendously. You did a great job Andy!

The number of posts,yes.

Assigned titles of seniority based on verbosity? I do not think so.

Still, you must take your own course.

Alot of these forums assign names based on the number of posts, they just want to change those names to be more meanful of this site.

Even my local news station forum assigns names based on number of posts.

Dark, I absolutly have to dissagree with you. The number of posts and titles are a great idea. As they were on the old site. Don't you think if someone was here looking around and checking things out and saw that people post all these posts about different things, They would wonder what we are talking about and the recipes we have here and would be interested in this site? I don't think by changing the post titles is going to cause a loud disterbance. I personly think it's cute and funny. This is a brand new site now, and more exciting, why try and keep it the same way as the OLD one.I think You did a GREAT job Andy!

Personally I dont care about member titles. Having a title would not necessarily encourage me to post more often. I belong to another forum, not related to food, which uses the member title system based on post counts, and what I found was that more members posted silly and irrelevent things just to get their member title changed. JMO:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom