Members in the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

velochic

Sous Chef
Quick question for you. We're heading to London for a week here in a few weeks for a quick family holiday combined with a conference for dh.

I'd like to buy a tiffin box or bento box for my daughter for taking lunch to school this year. What stores carry these? Is there a concentration of Asian food/supply stores in a particular area? Do any of the big-box stores carry these? I've been to London many times, so if you could just give me a tube station, that should be enough.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
If tiffin box is a lunch box like any other, then you can get a varied choice from Woolworth's, Mark's and Sparks and other department stores. About Asian stores, many will be found in south London, but I am not sure about the lunch boxes being there, never checked, but if you are looking for spices, you will be in spice heaven.

A tiffin box is this multi-layered lunch box that is used in India to keep hot and cold foods separate. My dd saw one and would like one, however they can be quite spendy here in the US via mail order. I thought that before I buy one here, I can check while we're on our trip.

yes, check in Asian large (indian / pakistan) owned shops, you`ll see plenty, or at least you do in the Birmingham area.
and they don`t cost too much here either :)

Back
Top Bottom