Men Health: The Worst "Free" Restaurant Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ignore? I rather find these articles interesting and helpful.
Restaurant food in America, for the most part, is rather disgusting
when it comes to the fat, calorie and salt content.
IMHO, YMMV of course.

Ignore? I rather find these articles interesting and helpful.
IMHO, YMMV of course.
I find them interesting as well.

Wow, the amount of sodium in the Olive Garden salad is staggering!

:shock:Barbara

I find them interesting as well.

Wow, the amount of sodium in the Olive Garden salad is staggering!

:shock:Barbara

If you go to most restaurant web sites (Olive Garden, Applebee's, Ruby Tuesdays, etc) you can find their menu and see what the fat and salt content is for their items.

If you do go.. be warned.... :ohmy:

Yeah Barb... anyone who eats at PF Chang's is a walking salt mine! They have a dish that has TEN THOUSAND milligrams! Cheesecake Factory is another death trap.

Dave.... that is precisely why we rarely eat in restaurants anymore.

Oh yeah, I know there is a ton of sodium in restaurant food. We don't eat out often, so I don't worry too much about it.

:)Barbara

IMHO, YMMV of course.
What does YMMV mean, I think the disgusting comment is a bit hard. I have traveled in the US quite a bit, the first time I ate breakfast, I was so full I did not eat again till 9pm, your restaurant portions are large. We cruise once a year out of Miami, sitting in the self service restaurant for the first time was a bit of a shock, we were joined by three very large Ladies who ate incredible amounts all washed down with diet coke, they were may I add charming company.
This binge eating did seem to be the norm.

What does YMMV mean, I think the disgusting comment is a bit hard. I have traveled in the US quite a bit, the first time I ate breakfast, I was so full I did not eat again till 9pm, your restaurant portions are large. We cruise once a year out of Miami, sitting in the self service restaurant for the first time was a bit of a shock, we were joined by three very large Ladies who ate incredible amounts all washed down with diet coke, they were may I add charming company.
This binge eating did seem to be the norm.
I assume it was short for "Your mileage may vary," which is a car term. Some use it here as a way of saying "Your experience may be different," or something similar.

Restaurant portions really are very large in the US as a rule. We watched the documentary movie "Super Size Me" for the second time the other day, and one of the things a woman from Europe pointed out is that our small size drink is the large size in Europe.

:huh:Barbara

Back
Top Bottom