Microwaving Pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

musiclvr56

Assistant Cook
Has anyone microwaved pasta? I followed the instructions-put about 2 inches of water over the pasta and cook it for 3 more minutes than the instructions on the box. Only a few minutes into it it was steaming. I added more water and every few minutes I would seem what looks like steam.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

My guess would be there was an issue with the vessel...and you shouldn't be opening it up. I used to microwave pasta all the time. Using one of those gizmo's sold to do same. Now that I have a pasta pentola, that is my preferred method. The microwave works well, as long as you set it up properly and do not have a power outage when you don't know how much time was left to cook! Sadly, I used to kick the breaker in the RV more often than I care to admit!

My guess would be there was an issue with the vessel...and you shouldn't be opening it up. I used to microwave pasta all the time. Using one of those gizmo's sold to do same. Now that I have a pasta pentola, that is my preferred method. The microwave works well, as long as you set it up properly and do not have a power outage when you don't know how much time was left to cook! Sadly, I used to kick the breaker in the RV more often than I care to admit!
Why do you think seeing steam is an issue?

Back
Top Bottom