Mirro Pressure Cooker Gasket S-9882

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

R.C. Wysong

Assistant Cook
Hello to the group,

I came here to see if anyone knows why there seems to be a shortage of the Mirro pressure cooker/canner gasket S-9882 for the 22qt canners. I have been looking since last fall, to try to find any in stock at a reasonable price, but they are nowhere to be had.

I usually have a couple spares, but I replaced a gasket which was leaking on one of my canners while canning carrots last fall, it was my last one, and I need to get a couple more just in case I have to replace the gaskets on my others. I have 3 Mirros and a Presto 23 qt.

I found a place on the internet a few months back which had them for a ridiculous price, which I was not going to pay.

Does anyone know how I might refurbish so to speak, my old gasket so it doesn't leak ?

Thanks in advance.

It is possible that your canner has been discontinued and all remaining gaskets are out. That happened to me years ago with a Revere pressure cooker I LOVED, so had no choice but to choose another newer one.

You might get on the website of your canner brand and see if that's the case. Short of that you might want to check into some local mom-and-pop hardware stores that may have what you need.

After doing a little more checking, it seems as though they have just renumbered or maybe upgraded the gasket with a new number 98510. But whether a site has the old number, or the new number, they still show out of stock. I guess I'll just have to keep looking. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

You're right - just keep on checking! You've found the important info, that they have re-numbered it, so that's a good thing. This last year, there has been a shortage of pressure canners and parts, as well as jars and lids, because so many people that had never thought about it before, had either bought a new one, or dug out their Grandma's old one - same thing with many gardening items and seeds. Amazing what this pandemic has brought out in some people!

Last edited:
Canner gasket update

I just thought I should post an update to my thread.

After doing some checking, I found out that the gasket number I was looking for had been changed, and although it seemed that every where I looked on the internet was out of stock for even the new number. I did manage to find a business right here in Montana which still had some gaskets in stock.

I ordered 3 of of them, but waited to have them in hand before giving an update. So since I received them today, I have good news, sort of. The gaskets I received are just a bit smaller in the outer circumference, but they should do very nicely as they still appear to seal the area between the lid and the pot quite well.

So if anyone else is searching for replacement gaskets for a Mirro 22 quart model M-0522, or models 92012, & 92022 canner/cookers, here is a source for replacements while they last.

https://www.cookingandcanni420596029400111899560476294573g.net/mi98ga2.html

I ordered them on Sunday (7th Feb) and they shipped them out the next day. They were $8.99 each and $9.95 shipping (flat rate), that's why I ordered 3 of them, to even the cost out a little, plus the fact that I have three of these canners. Today is the 10th, so even though Laurel is a couple hundred miles from Helena, they came pretty quick, considering it's the USPS.

Hope this helps anyone who is having an issue finding these gaskets.

Mirro Gasket

Hello:

I was so excited to come across your post today. I have a Mirro Pressure Canner model 0522-11 and the gasket is leaking. Was so bummed since I've had this for years and use it frequently. I've been searching for months and was just about ready to throw out the canner and suck up $600 in getting a ew All American Canner when I came across your post. Unfortunately, the link doesn't work now. Can you please send me some information or a store/business name where you found your Mirro canner gasket?

On a side note, I found an antique National Canner from probably the early 30's which needed a little work--but National was bought out by American a while ago so the parts are still available. All my neighbors are not calling it a bomb and don't want to be around when I use it.

Anyway, thanks for your help. Nic Keuler, Tampa, FL
nkeuler@everydayblessingsinc.org

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom