Miso Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scattergun2570

Assistant Cook
My mom has this Salmon Dish at Cheesecake Factory that she just raves about. I was wondering if someone knows how to make a good Miso Sauce. I have a new container of Miso,,says the "White Type" on it.

miso sorry, i don't know.

lol, just kdding. c'mon, no one else thought that?

sense of humour and all...

Have you checked on the copycat recipe web sites?

I love miso mixed with tahini on celery sticks...and in soup, and in stir fry...

I'm pretty sure I have had this dish from the Cheesecake Factory, but I can't seem to retrieve a tongue memory of it, so I can't offer much in the way of duplicating it, except to say that maybe nine out of ten recipes use mirin, a sweetened rice wine, but other sugars such as honey can be used. I have an unconventional one that uses egg yolk.

You can google "dengaku." But "dengaku cheesecake" might generate some truly nasty-tasting recipes.

I'm punny, buckytom, but that one had never occurred to me! :LOL:

Miso sauce

2 tbsp. miso
2 tbsp. sake
2 tbsp. olive oil or peanut oil
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. sugar

Mix miso, soy sauce, sake and sugar in bowl. Heat frying pan with oil and fry eggplant. Add miso mixture just before taking out of pan.2 scallions, white and green, thinly sliced on the diagonal

You can make a sweet and sour type glaze with miso paste, mirin, maple syrup, lemon juice, ginger, soy sauce and a a little pepper. Pan sear the salmon, top with the glaze and some panko bread crumbs and finish in a hot oven. I'm not sure if this is anything like the Cheesecake Factory dish, but its good as long as you find a nice balance when making the glaze.

Last edited:
Google copycat recipes and you'll get hits on several forums/sites with copycat recipes. The bookmark is on my laptop and I'm on my other computer right now.

Back
Top Bottom