MO - Cape Girardeau ... Road Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
My husband and youngest grandson went to Cape Ghirardeau, Mo today to pick up a trailer he'd bought. Cape is a very old town on the Mississippi River, and a pretty good-sized place with lot's of wonderful restaurants.
But after perusing the local restaurants on the web, they chose to go to White Castle.
No, I'm not kidding.

They also brought back souveniers:

Attachments

• White Castle I0001.jpg
    White Castle I0001.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 300
I have never understood the attraction to that place, :ermm:. But then, some really really really really seem to like it a lot :LOL::ROFLMAO::

Attachments

• Yahoo! Mail - aadixie@yahoo.com.jpg
    Yahoo! Mail - aadixie@yahoo.com.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 250
the frozen are of no comparison to a fresh, hot sack of boigahs.

the best fart bugers in the nyc area are in sunnyside on queens boulevard, around 44th; and in joisey, on 17 south in heights/carlstadt/moonachie.

img_647432_0_b1ef39fb7a7e544dcb338197c93f8c83.jpg
I was just in Cape Girardeau over Father’s day. We visited our son who lives there. His wife works at the university.

We ate at the Bella Italia which I thought was very good and a surprise to find in a small community smack dab in the middle of the USA. I had their lasagna and it was some of the best I have had in a long time.

We also went to Lambert’s for some “throwed rolls” and “pass arounds” while visiting.

Our son fixed bison strip steaks for FD dinner which was very good and a low fat red meat which fit into our WeightWatchers plan. After the cheese laden lasagna I need a lower fat entrée.

We stayed at the Drury Suites which was next to the White Castle but we avoided the belly bombs although they did smell good as the aroma hit us every time we entered or exited our hotel.

From Cape Girardeau we headed to Tunica where we tried Paula Deen’s new place at Harrah’s. It was not a good choice for those who have just begun the WeightWatchers program. We were pretty good about our food choices over the trip and I lost one pound while on vacation and my wife remained at the same weight with no gain or loss.

Last edited:
one of the best memories i have of my youth is White Castle! We went there one time ever. Nobody liked the burgers so i got to shove my face full of about 20 buddy burgers! Theyre mine.......ALL MINE! HAHAHAHAHA! BTW, anyone seen the new Harold and Kumar movie?

I never liked them when I was younger, but then I ate one for some reason again when I was pregnant with my 1st son....
Addicted ever since!

Buck and would occasionally go to Cape Girardeau on "date day" and scope out a nice restaurant for lunch. One of our favorite places was a restaurant called Port Girardeau, which on a corner right at the floodwall. Pretty neat old, old building with lots of character and the food was very good.

Cape is a big city compared to where I live, Berferd. :LOL:

Thanks to you and Katie for the restaurant recommendations. I haven't been to Lamberts since Kim and I were on our honeymoon, 22 years ago.

Oh, EEEK! I just remembered...tomorrow's our anniversary! :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom