Moist Meatloaf without tomato

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marlene2

Cook
Hi - I have been scanning the internet looking for a good meatloaf that doesn't have any tomato product in it - be it the sauce or whatever. My husband has high potassium so cannot have tomato. Can't seem to come up with anything interesting. Does anyone out there have a good recipe I could use? Thanks

Can he have bacon and cheese? We LOVE the bacon cheeseburger meatloaf recipe I got from here. I've modified it a bit so if you want it I'll post it here.

OK, so I add an egg to my burger, add whatever you use as a binder (oatmeal, cracker crumbs, bread crumbs whatever) and add some salt and pepper and onion powder. Spread this on a piece of waxed paper so you can roll it up later.

Cook diced bacon (about 1/2 lb), drain and spread it all over the burger stuff. Add the grated cheese (about 1 cup cheddar) and roll up like a jelly roll. Place on a cookie sheet or in a loaf pan.

Bake at 350 for 40 minutes to an hour.

We serve the slices with ketchup and mustard as you like but you can do whatever else works. Enjoy!

The bacon cheeseburger meatloaf recipe is a very good one and worth a try.

Also, you can omit the tomato from any meatloaf recipe and use other veggies to help maintain a moist meatloaf. Bell peppers, onions and mushrooms have lots of moisture.

Back
Top Bottom