Monday. 2-3-2020. What's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Rusty Pelican salad with orange bread using blood oranges instead of naval since we had them.
37240-albums1071-picture8146.jpg

We had leftovers from deliveries. There was a yummy lamb curry and some chicken tika and some roti. There was also an unusual Chinese dish with julienned potato. We had some brown basmati in the fridge, so that got nuked too. I really enjoyed that.

Mom had another one of her little pizzas doctored-up with a sliced tomato on the side, I had a couple of chicken thighs with macaroni salad and a sliced cucumber.

Salmon with rice and carrots

Healthy dinner after Super Bowl splurge! :):yum:

Attachments

• car1r.jpg
    car1r.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 64
Thank you cookieee.

I just simmer it with a little oil and butter. Same with the carrots.

I feel marvelous after eating a dinner like that.

Not that I don't love hot dogs, bratz and all those fun foods but they don't like me so much. But you have to have some fun, right? :)

Honestly, that salmon is really good. I usually make it at least once a week with a variety of vegetables. I keep it pretty simple with meals like that.

We put together and partially baked a lasagna for later this week. I believe this is the first time we used homemade sheets that were not precooked. Straight from the pasta machine.

On those occasions where we make the pasta for lasagna, we don't bother cooking the sheets before constructing the lasagna. We don't even cut them into "lasagna noodles". We just cut them the short way to fit the pan and one or two of them the long way to fill in gaps. It works great.

Thank you cookieee.

I just simmer it with a little oil and butter. Same with the carrots.

I feel marvelous after eating a dinner like that.

Not that I don't love hot dogs, bratz and all those fun foods but they don't like me so much. But you have to have some fun, right? :)

Honestly, that salmon is really good. I usually make it at least once a week with a variety of vegetables. I keep it pretty simple with meals like that.

Thank YOU !!!! I think we should try to eat it more often, it is very healthy so they say.

Yes, so they say!

When the meat market manager tells you the salmon must be injected with a red dye to make it look like the real thing because they are farm raised and fed who knows what, you wonder.

I definitely notice the flavor changes from batch to batch. The last batch really made me question whether it was bad.

As a kid, we were lucky to have fresh trout. It was the most beautiful pinkish color and so good. You didn't need to worry about the food source since the lake was healthy.

Are you able to buy fresh wild salmon?

Yes, so they say!

When the meat market manager tells you the salmon must be injected with a red dye to make it look like the real thing because they are farm raised and fed who knows what, you wonder...

Farm raised salmon are not injected to change the color of their flesh. They are fed foods that will do that. for example, shrimp.

Yes, so they say!

When the meat market manager tells you the salmon must be injected with a red dye to make it look like the real thing because they are farm raised and fed who knows what, you wonder.

I definitely notice the flavor changes from batch to batch. The last batch really made me question whether it was bad.

As a kid, we were lucky to have fresh trout. It was the most beautiful pinkish color and so good. You didn't need to worry about the food source since the lake was healthy.

Are you able to buy fresh wild salmon?
Well at least the package says wild salmon, if the store is telling the truth. lol

I did a search for the Rusty Pelican salad and this was the second result: https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70194

Sounds really good.

It is very good. Kind of a retro thing though, it's been well over 30 years since they had it on the menu. It was brought out as a composed salad in a big bowl, then the bowl was twirled around as they high poured the dressing, then they served individual portions. They also served it with the orange bread.

Had this the night before DD was born, soon to be 42 years ago this month. I wasn't due for almost a month, but was huge and the hostess made a joke about sitting me near an entrance just in case. She didn't know how right she was!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom