Monday 8/28/2017 What are you eating today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
tigger_whats_on_the_menu__082517_P1030531.JPG

Not totally sure. Maybe waffles/pancakes or chicken.

For some reason, my "dinner thinking cap" isn't working well...

I've thawed a hunk of roasted pork loin and will build a meal around that...

My biggest concern is what to make for dessert... :rolleyes:

Ross

I knew what we were having for supper tonight when we bought those Bahama Mama sausages at Schmidt's Sausage Hous. On Thursday! Just had to wait for Goober to get back from his AZ and UT adventure with the eclipse.

Got spicy mustard and sauerkraut and proper buns for the sausage; making PPO's No Mayo Potato Salad; and a corn and grape tomato salad with a sprinkling of Tajin and a good dose of Queso Fresco. Just might pick up a celebratory dessert while we're out. After all, the family is all together for the first time since the beginning of January. :heart:

Mushroom risotto with Parm R fricos. I was going to use amaranth instead of the rice, but chickened out. Since we've never tried it before, I decided to make some as a side dish first, then a part of a main dish if we like it.

Attachments

• 2017-08-28 18.26.36.jpg
    2017-08-28 18.26.36.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
CG and med, both of your dinners sound
like they'd be right up my alley.

As I mentioned in yesterday's menu thread,
I made a Filipino dish yesterday for tonight,
Pork Guisantes or Pork and Peas Stew

008.JPG

:yum:

I've got a fresh pot of White Rice goin' on,
the stew keeping warm on the back burner
and the house smells scrumptious!

DH just yelled out from his den,
"when's dinner?"

Burgers on the grill, oven fries, coleslaw.

My heart goes out for those in the Houston area, with an astonishing amount of rain causing all of the flooding.

Trying to catch up here...oh my, such wonderful sounding dinners lately! Been doing a little cooking, but not much that involves very much heat. :LOL: After a nice little lull as far as weather, the temps here are skyrocketing again. Computer issues, a few med appts for a non serious issue, watching my grandson, and life in general has kept me away for a bit. :ROFLMAO:

CG...glad to hear you're with your kids again after so long!

Kgirl and Med, looks wonderful!

Early dinner this afternoon was a couple of spicy shrimp tacos. Fixin' to slice up some cold watermelon for a little dessert. :yum:

Attachments

• spicy shrimp tacos.jpg
    spicy shrimp tacos.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 126
dinner_menu_082817.jpg

whey_waffles_082817_1_P1100208.JPG

whey_waffles_082817_2_P1100211.JPG

The whey makes a nice fluffy waffle.

waffle_iron_whey_waffle_082817_P1100215.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you. They were good. I make extra. So I can pop one in the toaster. Or make a PB&J sandwich.

Last edited:
Lots of good looking dinners tonight. I had to stop over at the ex's on the way home from work. When I walked in, she said "You hungry?" I was. So she made up a stir fry from sausage and broccoli, and we sat out on her patio and ate and watched the dogs play in the yard. I have to admit her cooking has improved.

Trying to catch up here...oh my, such wonderful sounding dinners lately! Been doing a little cooking, but not much that involves very much heat. :LOL: After a nice little lull as far as weather, the temps here are skyrocketing again. Computer issues, a few med appts for a non serious issue, watching my grandson, and life in general has kept me away for a bit.

Early dinner this afternoon was a couple of spicy shrimp tacos. Fixin' to slice up some cold watermelon for a little dessert. :yum:

I was kind of wondering where you had disappeared to, Cheryl. Glad to see you back again.

Those tacos look pretty tasty!

Last edited:
I had a condo board meeting last night. SO and GD went to Trader Joes and picked up some orange chicken and a package of stir-fry veggies while I as gone. So I whipped up a quick stir-fry and some rice to put it over.

I had a condo board meeting last night. SO and GD went to Trader Joes and picked up some orange chicken and a package of stir-fry veggies while I as gone. So I whipped up a quick stir-fry and some rice to put it over.

I planned a trip to TJ's for today... I think you just decided tonight's dinner for me... :ohmy:

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom