Monday, April 2, 2018, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Italian small plates. Arrancini with fresh moz and prosciutto with a marinara dipping sauce. Marinated roasted red and green peppers with onion slices and garlic. Burrata with heirloom tomato salad. Picture to follow.

I also made up the marinade for chicken biryani for tomorrow. Don't think I've ever made a marinade with so many ingredients.

Pasta with tomato sauce and a salad.
Ditto..started to do just oil and garlic, then saw an over ripe plumb tomato on the window sill so, I chopped that up, then decided to pour in a bit of tomato juice from the fridge and added some basil..simmered that down to a sauce and finished the spaghetti in it..

Rotisserie chicken, supplemented with various leftovers here.

Souschef was in charge tonight and he made the best Chimichanga's ever!

We were sent home from Easter dinner yesterday with some outstanding smoked pork done by my son in his new smoker.

SC used two large flour tortillas, stuffed with that smoked pork/onion/cilantro/cheese/hot salsa, then he burrito rolled them and shallow fried them in oil till golden on all sides transferring them to the oven for 20min. at 350. They were soooo much better than the typical deep fried
Chimichanga's and we topped them with fresh made guacamole and Herdez hot salsa. :zorro:
It was such a pleasure to be served dinner tonight!! :yum:

Lucky, lucky you, Kayelle. Himself doesn't cook, but he does do a mean carry-out! :LOL:

Salads, using up whatever relish dish leftovers that weren't scavenged last night. Then picked through the remnants of Easter dinner - ham, potatoes, beans. I steamed some broccoli, too, since there weren't too many beans.

Back
Top Bottom