Monday, August 19th 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll have a perch sandwich for lunch and a couple cheeseburgers for dinner.

Might be Margarita Monday since it seems our limes are multiplying in the fruit bin. Oh, you mean FOOD? :ermm: I've some bay scallops I'll sear up with butter, olive oil, and garlic. I'll sauce it up with some white wine, a zest from a lemon, lots of parsley and some seeded, chopped roma tomatoes. Mixed into spaghetti and paired with a big salad. I have fresh mixed fruit we'll have for dessert later with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. :yum:

Have some hot dog buns that need to be eaten up so that means it will be hot dogs but not sure of the sides yet. If I have some beans maybe that or corn.

Rock, that sounds delicious!

Could I trouble you to post a recipe for your duck with orange sauce? I've only had it once on a cruise ship and it was so memorable I'd love to give your recipe a try. Thanks in advance.

We went out for dinner this evening, and I had a seafood pasta bake. Shrimp and Crab. It was delicious. I'm getting into seafood lately.

Improvised here... I took 2 cans of Progresso Tuscan Chicken soup, thickened it so the broth was more like gravy, put it in a small casserole dish and topped it homemade biscuits.

It is in the oven now so I'll report back later!

Rock, that sounds delicious!

Could I trouble you to post a recipe for your duck with orange sauce? I've only had it once on a cruise ship and it was so memorable I'd love to give your recipe a try. Thanks in advance.
Here you go. I presented it two ways. I overcooked it a bit. I prefer med rare, but there was too much going on in the kitchen. GF had a Pavlova in the oven, I was doing a single filet of beef for my daughter, and then, there was the wine. :LOL: I went with a few roasted veggies on garlic whip....

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 151
Improvised here... I took 2 cans of Progresso Tuscan Chicken soup, thickened it so the broth was more like gravy, put it in a small casserole dish and topped it homemade biscuits.

It is in the oven now so I'll report back later!

So here it is fresh out of the oven...

ForumRunner_20130819_191237.jpg

ForumRunner_20130819_191227.jpg

Here you go. I presented it two ways. I overcooked it a bit. I prefer med rare, but there was too much going on in the kitchen. GF had a Pavlova in the oven, I was doing a single filet of beef for my daughter, and then, there was the wine. :LOL: I went with a few roasted veggies on garlic whip....

WOW WOW WOW! :yum::yum::yum: Recipe when you can get to it pleeeeeeeeze?

WOW WOW WOW! :yum::yum::yum: Recipe when you can get to it pleeeeeeeeze?

Very easy, as most good cooking should be. The sauce I made tonight is very basic
Sauce:
1/2 cup orange juice(I squeezed two oranges for this)
1/2 cup chicken stock
two good scoops of orange marmalade
pinch of salt
another two tblsp stock and some cornstarch for thickening

Let this reduce to about half then thicken. Check occasionally and adjust it for flavor as you wish.

Duck breasts:
I scored the duck breast skin, seasoned it with salt and pepper and placed it skin down in a med/hot pan for about 5 or 6 minutes until the skin was that color you see in the photo. Then turn it over and let it sizzle for another two or three minutes then turn it off and let it sit while you get the other stuff together...

Veggies were just carrots, red pepper, shallots, tossed in olive oil and a pinch of salt and roasted in the toaster oven at 425 until done to your liking.

That's it. That's all.

Oh, wait...GF's Pavlova

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Thanks so much for the instructions Rock. I really hope you'll put the recipe into the proper forum so it can easily be found again. Hmm, I see now that the recipe forum for chicken and turkey should probably be changed to "foul" to include duck.

Thanks so much for the instructions Rock. I really hope you'll put the recipe into the proper forum so it can easily be found again. Hmm, I see now that the recipe forum for chicken and turkey should probably be changed to "foul" to include duck.

Let's make that fowl. No one wants to eat foul food ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom