Monday, December 19, 2022 - What's on the Table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
I've been trying to shop my freezer as it is packed and needs to be emptied! So I made venison medalions with veggies and gravy. While eating dinner, I had the candles from the advent wreath ignited. I shared what each stood for in the order they were lit: Hope, Faith, Joy, and Love. Frank said, "Oh. Stripper candles." ?

Attachments

• 2022-12-19 18.04.06.jpg
    2022-12-19 18.04.06.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 3
Well, I had a big brulinnar. That's part breakfast, lunch and dinner all rolled into one. Made dinner rolls yesterday and sliced one up for toast this morning, well actually bacon-fried toast, bacon on the side. Then wrapped a small tenderloin in bacon, seared it on the grill, while that waited, seared some shrimp on the grill in the left-over bacon fat. Once done popped the tenderloin in the toaster oven to finish.
Munched my way thru the shrimp (they were huge). Had about half the tenderloin. Delish but I should have seasoned the meat before wrapping - note to self for next time.

I promise I'll eat vegies tomorrow.

We are trying to "shop out of the freezer" too. It's over stuffed and we gotta work our way through it. So it was some Polish sausage from the freezer. We had it with sauerkraut. Well, we started with leftover Italian sausage and white bean soup. There was enough for about 3/4 of a bowl each. We also finished off some salad and had some of the Thai pickled cucumbers. Oh, and the rest of the roasted sunroots.

We had a grocery delivery today, so I wanted easy. The only cooking was to shove the sausages into the toaster oven. They were wonderful.

I cooked a cup of rice with chicken bouillon and a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, minced onion, celery and garlic. I seasoned the mixture with soy sauce, chili garlic paste, and toasted sesame oil to make an easy version of fried rice.

It made three good sized servings so I’ll be able to scoop and nuke a couple more meals.

Skirt steak, broccoli rabe, and cucumber slices.

skirt_steak_121922_IMG_0434.jpg

Back
Top Bottom