Monday dinner ideas, Dec 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I think for us here, it'll be reruns from last night.
I have enough for the man, but for me, I think I'll do a really big salad with everything I can to add to it. Maybe if I get really inventive, I'll toss in a touch of tuna............

how 'bout you?

I promised Ken something yummy for dinner. I can't post it yet though as he is going to be looking for this. I will however post that I am going to do gingerbread cookies today. I'll do the dough and chill it til the kids get home and they can cut out the shapes after school.

turkey breasts sliced and covered in the Tomato and Chili sauce that I bottled a few months ago and a grating of mature cheddar on top.
that will be served with plain boiled basmati rice.

Roast Chicken legs and thighs with 20 cloves of garlic. Probably some mashed potatoes, gravy, and a vegetable of some kind.

Breakfast for supper for me tonight; over-easy eggs, a small piece of steak-broiled, fried spuds, sliced tomatoes and toast.

Chayote cooked in florina pepper & chilli sauce and stir fry sliced pork with onions and tomatoes in light soya sauce served with plain rice.

i've been feeling really crappy with a chest cold, so i had a craving for healthy stuff, especially seaweed and kimchi for some reason. so we had takeout sushi again, and i ordered an extra seaweed-miso soup, kimchi, and my usual deruxe assorted platter, with a salmon skin handroll and a godzilla roll. dw had whitemeat chicken teryaki that was fantastic, and was so much that it'll be lunch today.

Yesterday when I stopped by the supermarket, I lucked out in finding 2 great items on sale - fresh flounder & fresh "Phillips" blue-claw "claw" crabmeat. That meant only one thing - Crab-Stuffed Flounder for dinner!!!

In individual-size oval casseroles, I put down one filet, then piled on a mix of the crabmeat, a little mayonnaise, a small handfull of finely chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley, a few grinds of black pepper, a sprinkling of granulated garlic, & the juice from half a lemon. I then topped the filling with a 2nd flounder filet & topped it with a sprinkling of dry seasoned bread crumbs & paprika, & dotted it with butter. Baked for approx. 20 minutes at 375 degrees & served with lemon wedges & a green salad.

Boy was that good!!

Back
Top Bottom