Monday in the OVEN - and dinner 6/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Air-Fryer Pork Loin Chop (380-12 minutes) on a bed of Sauerkraut, Mashed & Buttered Yukon Golds, Boiled Baby Beets...A bit of Horseradish.......

Pork Loin Chop, Air Fryer.jpg

Taught my grandsons to make oven-roasted, stuffed antelope burgers, fortified with 1 egg per pound of ground meat, and flavored with pepper, steak sauce, garlic, and pepper. The stuffing is a mixture of 2 different brands of blue cheese crumbles, mozzarella, Parmesan, and cream cheese, all blended together. Sides are buttered/herbed angel hair, pasta, and confetti corn. The burgers came out perfect. It was both boy's first cooking adventure. The formed, and assembled the patties. I showed them how, and they were naturals at it. I did the seasoning, and made the cheese blend. They put the stuffed burgers onto a foil-lined cookie sheet, and into the oven. I showed them how to set the temp, and time. I'm so proud of hem. Mom won't have to cook when she gets home from work. Now, if they were as good at clean up:LOL:.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

A variation of Paul Prudhomme's cajun chicken and dumplings.

Attachments

• 2021-06-28 18.50.28.jpg
    2021-06-28 18.50.28.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 53
Taught my grandsons to make oven-roasted, stuffed antelope burgers, fortified with 1 egg per pound of ground meat, and flavored with pepper, steak sauce, garlic, and pepper. The stuffing is a mixture of 2 different brands of blue cheese crumbles, mozzarella, Parmesan, and cream cheese, all blended together. Sides are buttered/herbed angel hair, pasta, and confetti corn. The burgers came out perfect. It was both boy's first cooking adventure. The formed, and assembled the patties. I showed them how, and they were naturals at it. I did the seasoning, and made the cheese blend. They put the stuffed burgers onto a foil-lined cookie sheet, and into the oven. I showed them how to set the temp, and time. I'm so proud of hem. Mom won't have to cook when she gets home from work. Now, if they were as good at clean up[emoji38].

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

It's so fun to hear about your adventures with your kids and grandkids [emoji813] How old are these boys?

I've been craving liver, and there is a farm store that has really fresh chicken livers. After picking up the livers, I also got some chicken hearts. The livers were made into a pate with a splash of bourbon. The hearts were dinner tonight. Teriyaki hearts with peppers and mushrooms, Jasmine rice, and baby bok choy. It was offal-ly tasty! ;)

Attachments

• 2021-06-28 (1).jpg
    2021-06-28 (1).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 2021-06-28.jpg
    2021-06-28.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 48
I was going to bake some frozen haddock fillets and McCain Tater Crisps Potato Bites (tater tot knock off). I had already made the remoulade. Then, I discovered that I didn't have any more of the haddock fillets. :doh: D'oh! I did not have the spoons to come up with some other plan for supper. I seem to have the same lack of spoons after my second Moderna jab as after the first one. So, we ordered out. DH got a really tasty panini with "Grilled Italian sausage, hot peppers, caramelized onions, provolone, vinaigrette drizzle." I had "The Butcher's Board", "Prosciutto di parma, cacciatore, salami picante, speck, parmigiano reggiano, provolone, gorgonzola dolce, grilled artichokes, semi dried cherry tomatoes, fig jam". We told them no tomato for me, so they gave me extra artichokes. :yum: I have some wonderful leftovers. That fig jam goes extremely well with the gorgonzola.

Gnocchi and Pork Cutlet

Last of the gnocchi and a pork cutlet which is completely hidden by the last the of the tomato sauce.
gnocchi with pork cutlet 20210628.jpg

Made lasagna, one pan for the veggie wife and one for me. Both had a garlic, red wine, and basil tomato sauce from our greenhouse roma tomatoes, and a tofu-based subsititute for ricotta that was surprisingly good. Hers had veggie mozzarella and parmesan. Mine had the real stuff. Hers had veggie crumble with Italian seasoning. Mine had homemade Italian sausage and ground bison.

POw1osc.jpg

Small chopped salad of greenhouse lettuce and arugula. Glass of 2013 Paitin Campolive Barbera.

Last edited:
I cooked frozen fish filets for sandwiches and steak fries in the air fryer with a small garden salad alongside. Macerated strawberries with crumbled biscuits and whipped cream for dessert.
20210628_202829.jpg

I cooked frozen fish filets for sandwiches and steak fries in the air fryer with a small garden salad alongside. Macerated strawberries with crumbled biscuits and whipped cream for dessert.
View attachment 47523
So, how are you enjoying the new air fryer? Do you like the way the food turns out?

This sounds like a perfect meal when it's hot and horrible outside. It actually sounds pretty darned good any time.

So, how are you enjoying the new air fryer? Do you like the way the food turns out?

This sounds like a perfect meal when it's hot and horrible outside. It actually sounds pretty darned good any time.
I like it a lot. The food does come out nice and crispy, and I like the other settings it has, too. For example, there's a toast setting where you tell it how many slices you're making and how dark you want them. It retains the options every time you make toast, and it counts down the time so you know when you need to have your eggs ready [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom