Monday is Comfort Kitchen Day! - 8/9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pan-Fried Hamburger on a Pan-Toasted Brioche Bun with Lettuce, Jersey Tomato, Red Onion & Mayo...
Air Fries, Black-Eyed Peas with Tomato, Onion, Sweet Pepper and Garlic Powder
(Kinda-Sorta Hoppin' John...)

Burger, LTOM - Hoppin' john.jpg

We had three hot dogs that needed to be eaten, so we had those. But, since three hot dogs isn't enough for the two of us, I made Jacques Pépin's cream cheese soufflé as a starter. That was more filling than I remembered, but just as tasty.

SO and I went out to lunch with my sister. As a result, dinnertime called for lighter fare. W cleaned out the fridge of odds and ends.

We went to have linner (late lunch/early dinner) at a pretty new Asian place a few towns up from us.

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

I was kind of surprised that DH ordered Egg Roll as a starter for us to share.
Of course I needed a Kirin to go with :rolleyes:
We also shared their Bento Lunch box of Tempura, very generous with a huge Salad and a good sized bowl of Miso soup!
The other plate that came out with our Bento was an order of Cucumber and Salmon Maki Sushi.
*belch*
AND that wasn't badly priced either.
There is a lovely Sushi Bar you can enjoy your meal at as well, DH wanted to check it out. As we left he said that the next time we go there we'll sit there.

I don't think we'd order Tempura there again, oily and the batter was thick, not light and crispy as we're use to.

We had a simple supper of Italian sausages, peppers, and onions over polenta. No salads - I was too tired after vacuuming all the carpeting in the house. I didn't feel guilty because of all the peppers. We have cherries and watermelon, but I hear the ice cream calling our names...
IMG_20210809_205228418.jpg

Back
Top Bottom