Monday June 6 - What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
We ended up going out for dinner last night (I'll post that in Sunday's dinner thread) so the rib roast is on the menu tonight. We'll be having baked potatoes and likely some steamed or sauteed veggies on the side. I haven't decided on yorkshires or not yet, but that might happen too.

I think I'll finish off the fajita fixings (from the other night) tonight.

I pulled out fish this morning. We eat fish alot cause mu husband just loves it. So I found a milk fish recipe on allrecipe.com had spices go on it. So ill let u know if we like it!

Nothing outlandish or extravagant. A filet mignon with leftover mushrooms and fish sauce, stuffed baked potato, and a glass of Tempranillo because the bottle is already open and I don't want to have an open bottle of Malbec, too.

I hope it's OK to use this thread to give Uncle Bob a heads-up (if he needs one) that tomorrow, June 7, is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. :)

I will have Enchaladas tonight. I need to go to the store to get some enchalada sauce though!:)

We were going to have enchiladas tonight. I have sauce in the freezer. Then SO nixed that idea so we're having meatloaf, potato and a veggie. I think I'll do an okra side for the veggie.

We were going to have enchiladas tonight. I have sauce in the freezer. Then SO nixed that idea so we're having meatloaf, potato and a veggie. I think I'll do an okra side for the veggie.

Hey, do you make your own sauce? I have never done it, and would love to know how to if you know. Thanks! :)

Hey, do you make your own sauce? I have never done it, and would love to know how to if you know. Thanks! :)

I do make my own. It's a spin-off from a sauce recipe from another member. I'll post the recipe in the ethnic foods section.

I hope it's OK to use this thread to give Uncle Bob a heads-up (if he needs one) that tomorrow, June 7, is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. :)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! I did not know dat!!!! ;)

I will be sure to celebrate the day in style, and have one scoop in your honor!! :)

Number One will be Fried Chicken
Number Two will be fresh squash from the garden
Number Three will be fresh d'maters from the garden
Number Four will be cold slices of Vidalia onions...
Number Five, Six...etc will have to wait until the little brown-eyed girl gets home...
Obviously there will be Chocolate Ice Cream......

Today, I'm going to nuke some of the country style ribs I cooked yesterday in the thyme broth (very flavorful). Then slather on some BBQ sauce and caramelize under the broiler. Side will be some of the Klondike Rose potatoes also cooked in the thyme broth (also very flavorfuo) mashed with lots of butter.

Lunch was the thyme broth soup. Really Yum!

Tonight vreaded and baked Petrale Sole with lemon,buttertoasted almonds, cut up asparagus sauteed in butter and garlic, French rolls,and strawberry salad.
kades

Got a chicken pot pie in the oven using the leftover KFC from last night. Not sure what I will serve with it. Have some leaf lettuce so may just do salads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom