Monday, March 13, 2023, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Chicken and andouille gumbo
20230313_175053.jpg

Dh had requested cast iron baked chicken, so I bought two chickens this morning and prepared that recipe, (thanks Andy). You may be able to tell I had some issues cutting the chicken. Just got a photo of one pan of chicken and dessert, chocolate carrot cake with my own carrots.

Attachments

• carrot cakeMG_5150.jpg
    carrot cakeMG_5150.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 7
  • chickenIMG_5148.jpg
    chickenIMG_5148.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 7
We had fried rice with chicken for supper. Next time, I'll use two eggs. I was having a bit of a d'oh! day. I scrambled and fried the egg and took it off the pan. I started frying the rice and started looking for some frozen veggies to add, but realized that I couldn't find the frozen carrots or green beans. So, I finished off the package of Asian stir fry mix (I'm trying to transit ion away from that because, I would rather use veggies that I know are locally grown.) Then I added the chopped up, leftover chicken and fartichokes from the tray bake we had Thursday. I seasoned with some oyster sauce, mushroom powder (I ground some dried mushrooms earlier today), and tamari. Then I added some chopped, leafy, Chinese celery, and some sliced scallion greens.

That turned out delicious, in spite of my tribulations and doubts. We each added some hot sauces at the table. The cherry pepper hot sauce and the sticky garlic ginger paste were really a nice addition.

Attachments

• Fried rice with chicken, egg, fartichokes, and other veggies 2.jpg
    Fried rice with chicken, egg, fartichokes, and other veggies 2.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Fried rice with chicken, egg, fartichokes, and other veggies.jpg
    Fried rice with chicken, egg, fartichokes, and other veggies.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
IMG_2700.JPG

Vera Crus-Style Cod served over that ever present steamed White Rice.
I hadn't made this dish in quite some time, but I found a lonely single Cod Fillet in the stand up freezer. This recipe will stretch one piece of fish for up to three adults.
AH YUM!!!
DH asked, "why don't we have this more often? this is really good and good for us, right?"
YUP!

Dh had requested cast iron baked chicken, so I bought two chickens this morning and prepared that recipe, (thanks Andy). You may be able to tell I had some issues cutting the chicken. Just got a photo of one pan of chicken and dessert, chocolate carrot cake with my own carrots.
The chicken looks fantastic!! I missed the recipe. Can you please post link.

I mixed up a container full of the rub and use it regularly.

Back
Top Bottom