Monday Monday 4/23 What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a lovely day visiting with and having lunch out with a friend who was visiting after moving to Tennessee, so I put a pork roast in the crock-pot.

We had the crock-pot pork roast (done with fresh rosemary, mushrooms and garlic), then the sides were seasoned and olive oil-coated roasted potato wedges, buttered whole kernel corn, iced tea and cream cheese pound cake.

We just got back from a long, l-o-n-g, road trip to deal with a family emergency. So I was collecting mail, re-stocking the fridge, unpacking, etc, all day.

Then a friend called and asked if we wanted to go over for dinner and drinks after a visitation we need to do. Yes! She said, just tuna casserole.

It always amuses me that having been raised in a devout Roman Catholic family, my husband was not exposed to tuna casserole as a child. It was the bane of my existence. But canned tuna was pretty stinky back then; I don't mind it now. His Friday favorite was tunna patties made from canned tuna (mine were fish sticks or a hash made from flaked fish and grated potatoes).

She's a great cook, so I'm looking forward to it. Wonder if she'll put potato chips on top, like Mom did?

I know that casserole. In our house, my mother called it "California chicken." I have no idea where that name came from.:huh:

What a busy day. DxW and I went shopping. For two things. Well, let's stop and look here and Here and HERE... and so it goes.

Finally, at about 3 Pm, we stopped for lunch, which also turned out to be dinner too. We had restaurant smoked brisket sandwiches on onion buns and fries and diet sodas. The brisket had a nice smoke ring and was moist and had a good smoky flavor. Then we went back to her house and made two parts for a birthday cake tomorrow. FIrst I made a brownie layer (home - made- no mixes ) for the bottom and a sponge layer for the top. It will be sandwiched together with a choc mousse before a ganache is used to frost it. We will make those two parts tomorrow and chill. We will turn the tables tomorrow and I will be the assistant. She's better at whisking than I am ( despite my name LOL). It's Jr's birthday and he's coming over for dinner w/ his GF after work. Shh -- It's a surprise, so don't tell.

I was taken to dinner with my oldest Granddaughter and her other Grandmother. We went to IHOP. I had a Pot Roast Beef Sandwich with non seasoned French Fries. I bought a order of Harvest Grain and Nut Pancakes to go. So breakfast for the next couple of days is covered.:yum:

Back
Top Bottom