Monday,Monday Can't trust that day. 05-07-12 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
I thought of the title and could not resist.
I will probably have leftovers as I cooked the last 2 days and I don't like food to hang out in the fridge too long.

rare roast rib,red onion & english mustard sandwich on sourdough with shoestring oven fries,romaine lettuce salad & an ice cold birra moretti:yum:

I will probably have leftovers as I cooked the last 2 days and I don't like food to hang out in the fridge too long.

I agree with you Patty. I love to cook, but leftovers must be either used or discarded or frozen.

I try to reinvent some things. Taco meat to chili, or chili mac, but sometimes you just want to start something else. In which case, I just toss it in the freezer for another day.

I'm going to pretend it isn't Monday, and put some steaks on the coals. I'm going to sit around drinking wine. It is going to be a holiday, declared by me.

I'm going to pretend it isn't Monday, and put some steaks on the coals. I'm going to sit around drinking wine. It is going to be a holiday, declared by me.

There ya go! A holiday must be declared by someone. You go girl. I'll celebrate with you.

Today is the start of "Nurse's Week" and we are having a luncheon at work. Not sure what we are having.

Once I wake up, get motivated. Planning on smoking some ribz, make a macaroni salad. It's going to be 80 today. No wind yet, so maybe dinner on the patio.

Happy Nurses' Week PF! They will probably feed you cold oatmeal and green Jello! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

We have been absolutely craving tuna sandwiches lately. We are going to get tuna subs at Subway, since we are pretty much out of food here (we have tuna and pickles, but nothing else we need). Then we will go to the grocery store and stock up on a little food (not just tuna sandwich fixings!) so we can eat the rest of the week. :cool:

Yes, Happy Nurses Week, PF and all the medicos!

I was anticipating DH's United Way dinner we subscribed to, but he said that's tomorrow. So leftover potato soup.

Last edited:
I made steak and veggie kabobs. I have enough leftover vegetables so tomorrow it will be chicken thigh/ veggie kabobs. :)

and Happy Nurse Week PF!

Because I have to have my PT/INR and B/P checked tomorrow I am going to skip the Mexican food for tonight. I defrosted a Hamburger Patty, I will cook that and reheat the Milk Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli.

I am checking into getting a FREE PT/INR machine so I can do this at home. I found the website today.

Last edited:
Because I have to have my PT/INR and B/P checked tomorrow I am going to skip the Mexican food for tonight. I defrosted a Hamburger Patty, I will cook that and reheat the Milk Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli.

I am checking into getting a FREE PT/INR machine so I can do this at home. I found the website today.

That's great Patty! I hope you can get one. We've been using them the past two weeks and they are consistent with the lab draws done.

Our luncheon was: Cucumber and onion dip appetizers, Salad with choice of dressing, Lasagna, wheat dinner roll and Lemon Meringue Pie. I had water with my lunch. Had fun being able to sit, eat and talk. A good kick off for Nurses week. The facility will be treating us all week long.

After I spent the day on jury duty we made one fine pizza tonight, on our brand new pristine pizza stone.

The base was just olive oil with Italian seasonings, then a generous portion of sun dried tomatoes, sliced white onions, cooked bacon, quartered artichoke hearts, diced SPAM yes, Spam, and a ton of cheese. After it was cooked we garnished it with fresh tomato cubes and a few strips of Anchovies...yep, Anchovies. Ohhhhh Yeah!! :pig::pig::yum::chef:

img_1136405_0_81b9e2b317bb11b337c3c62f115f5f59.jpg

Last night I made my turkey meatloaf in a glass pie pan. Cut into 4 wedges (2 wedges for last night's dinner; 2 for the freezer) & served with steamed buttered zucchini, yellow squash, & baby carrots, & mashed potatoes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom