Monday's din din - October 18 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sprout

Sous Chef
What's cooking tonight?

We're having Goodweed's cookoff-winning white chili. Yummy! I made it saturday for a church cookoff, counting on leftovers. Alas, that's the problem with good chili. It disappears. I guess I should have set some aside beforehand. Oh well, I still have enough ingredients left for a small batch tonight. :)

Turkey dinner leftovers.

The brown butter and fried sage mashed potatoes were great.The smell was even better.I will certainly do those again.

I'm not sure yet either. I think I'll look for something new in one of my magazines or cookbooks.

:)Barbara

Spaghetti with meat sauce. I made a batch of sauce a week or two ago and froze the leftovers. This is one of the two I froze.

Not sure yet... I have a couple of chicken breasts and a 1/2 lb. of Italien sausage to work with in the meat/protein department. I'll only have about 45 mins to whip something up, whatever it is...

I do not know what we are having for dinner. We were going to have verde enchiladas but I remembered a bit ago that I have class tonight. :wacko:

I just found what I am going to fix, in the January 2009 issue of Cooking Pleasures. Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Onions. They look very yummy. :cool:

I was planning to make chicken soup today and have already cut up the poached chicken, but have decided to make us a chicken pan pie. It is nice and cool here today and that would fit in well with the weather and also have almost everything in one dish. I haven't decided on the topping yet, but will get to that soon.

I was planning to make chicken soup today and have already cut up the poached chicken, but have decided to make us a chicken pan pie. It is nice and cool here today and that would fit in well with the weather and also have almost everything in one dish. I haven't decided on the topping yet, but will get to that soon.

That sounds so good.

Barbara, can I talk you out of that chicken thighs recipe? They are my very most favorite chicken part, and I got a great buy on them at the grocery yesterday.
I just sent it to you. I didn't realize until I was typing it up that it calls for boneless thighs. I will try to adapt it for bone-in thighs, since they will have to cook longer.

Cactus Juice Cocktails.....
BBQed Country Style Ribs....
Pinto Beans Tasso/Bacon/Cumin/Galick
Spinach Salad....
Maybe some Musgoes........
Nana Pudding or Chocolate Ice Cream....

Everyone's dinner sounds really good ... we're having chicken pot pie with a biscuit topping and a salad on the side.

Enjoy the day:chef:

Andy, we're on the same page. Spaghetti with some red sauce I froze during tomato frenzy days, with some hot Italian sausage and a salad (probably seasoned with one of the Penzey's blends I've been meaning to use more often. Sicilian I think it is).

Tonight I think I'll make some re-fried beans and leave them on the stove for build-your-own-taco night since I'll have to go to class. Too bad I won't have time to make guacamole... ummmmm.

I've got a veal chop thawing at home, thinking about simple s&p seasoning and cooking on the grill. Also thinking about mushroom risotto if the schrooms look good at the grocery store on the way home. Broccoli for the veg.

Chopped pecans, onions and bread crumbs...with a little poultry seasoning on top...okay, Now I'm hungry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom